Anybody used Pri-G additives before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
*it would be extremely beneficial if analysts from those labs such as Mola, Terry Dyson, etc. to pitch in...much appreciated thx!*

I'm a regular consumer of naphtha gas for various reasons so naturally, I stock up on things like Coleman fuel (naphtha gas with a hint of rust inhibitor). Knowing the fact that these gas, just like car gasoline or kerosene(K-1,for example), does go bad over time and quickly, I need help in prolonging their shelf life.

I'm looking for gas additives that can hold up to the use in white gas lanterns (Coleman, for example) so that it will not foul/carbon up my lantern generator when in use. I'm too scared of adding Stabil, B&S fuel stabiliser into my precious little stash of white gas I have in fear of just that (bad gas will speed up the fouling/carboning of the lantern/stove generator, or my kerosene roarer stove head).

Do you know /aware of any kind of fuel additives that will prolong the fuel under storage, and yet will not foul lanterns and generator tubes?

Been looking at stabil, Pri-D (absolutely no info on this one, anyone used/analysed it before?), Canadian Tire/Motomaster fuel stabiliser (red colour, contains I believe 2,2,4-tetramethylbenzene)

Despirately need help on this subject please.

Thank you,

Q.

I have used Pri-G and Pri-D. Not sure how they worked, but I have never had a problem. And this is about 10 years of use. I particularly liked Pri-G in 2-cycle fuel.

But about 3 years ago I started using Fuel Power (FP) in everything. This way I use one additive for fuel, gas or diesel.

I personally would not use Pri-G in Coleman Fuel. The Pri products seem to have some solids that supposedly liquefy in the fuel. Not sure but looking at the bottom of a bottle will show you that.

I have Coleman fuel that is 25 years old. I was using it a week ago in my Coleman stove. Still works like new, and no additives. So just store with the can sealed and you should be OK.

Thank you Bio-T for your most wonderful reply.

Yeah, my research indicated that moisture, temperature variation and also presence of oxygen in side the fuel container will accelerate the decomposition of Coleman fuel.

While I may be able to keep the moisture level and oxygen presence level down considerably (by not opening up a can of fuel until ready to use), the only trouble I have is the temperature flucation during summer seasons: while it may not be as hot as Texas or So. Cal, temperature can get fairly high at times too (into the late 80s/early 90s). Storing fuel in a chilled room makes excellent sense but cannot afford to stuff these fuel cans into the freezer mixed with food stuff (obviously for health reasons more than fire hazards).

Will not add Pri-D into my Coleman fuel then.. (thx)

Q.

my research on trimethylbenzene additives indicated that not only it's a VOC but also mild-moderate health risks (some sort of reproductive failures also) if exposed to high concentration.

I wouldn't want to entertain myself with the idea of running Coleman lantern filled with trimethylbenzene inside a gazebo with air circulation issues...

Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back