LC Application Approach - Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it might be better to wait on adding the LC until the first top-up after an oil change. Seems to me LC's benefits would come into play more farther down the road, and what good is it in fresh oil anyway? Thoughts?

Maybe you might not need as much of a top up if you start out with LC???
dunno.gif

It is going to need a top up sooner or later, regardless. Can't see that being a significant factor "early" in the OCI. I was thinking more along the lines of what it's doing for the oil and when it is doing it. Just seems like a waste to be running it in fresh oil. Maybe someone knows of some chemistry at work with the original (fresh) add pack?

acewiza,

Lube Control reduces oxidization of the oil.

If you knew you were going to get heartburn when you ate that food would you take the 'heartburn medicine' before eating?
or take it after the heartburn started?
grin.gif

Oil will oxidize, by adding LC at the very start of the OCI, you slow the progress of oxidation taking place, once the oil has oxidized I do not believe the oil will un-oxidize with the addition of LC,
use the LC when you put the fresh oil in the engine.

quote:

Originally posted by acewiza:
[qb] I thought it might be better to wait on adding the LC until the first top-up after an oil change. Seems to me LC's benefits would come into play more farther down the road, and what good is it in fresh oil anyway? Thoughts?

From Terry "LC can be added at any time and work quite nicely."

I understand preventing oxidation is one of LC's primary benefits. But I thought oxidation was a problem that started as the oil's add pack got used up in the middle or towards the end of an OCI.
dunno.gif

By the same token in your analogy Bill, if I knew I was going to get heartburn, I'd stop eating before I was overfull (change the oil sooner).
grin.gif

you are corrct but some motors with major heat issue or EGR issues break down very quick? The OCI is out the windown and LC does help.

I use Amsoil ASL and am using LC in my oil due to the examples listed above (mostly heat).

An oil's additive pack begins to wear the second you begin to use it. It's not like all the sudden it's of no use. It happens slowly. LC from the START makes it happen SLOWER.
wink.gif
cheers.gif

Posted by acewiza:

quote:

By the same token in your analogy Bill, if I knew I was going to get heartburn, I'd stop eating before I was overfull (change the oil sooner).

Using LC extends the OCI of the oil,
so, you would be able to eat Much More and not get heartburn... this thread is making me hungry
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back