The Buick Grand National & GNX for 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
You knew it was only a matter of time before GM brought back all of their "glory" nameplates."

Obviously, 442 did not make the cut.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/201...017-future-cars

This car probably is impressive, with a turbo on it, I'm sure, but I don't like it. It looks .. like everything and nothing, at once.

buick-grand-national-and-gnx-updated-inline-photo-514507-s-original.jpg

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
Strange looking.
I see Buick grille, ATS headlights, and Dodge Charger rear quarters.

That's what I see too. it looks.. "like nothing and everything." It looks like the ghost of a G6 to me, just different.

And I misread: 2015, this monstrosity will be here...

I like Cadillac's DTS-V. It's impressive to have Corvette-"like" performance numbers... in a full size 4-door sedan..........................

LOL: First comment, and I agree with, is:

Quote:
Please tell me it will look nothing like the picture and if it does and GM fans still applaud it I bet GM could bring back the metro except put the nova name on it and make a killing.

Its ugly....Most car companies seem to have there own 'original' style that distinguishes them from the others, GM just seems to throw a bunch of styles together, it usually looks ugly and the styles fade out and look old soon. JMO

I would wait a year and see what the tuners are doing with the turbo motors to see what kind of power they are getting out of them. I wouldn't want to pony up for that GNX if you can get 350-360 out of the four banger

I am a big fan of the Grand National and GNX but I am not in favor of that new style. That and it will probably weigh 5000lbs.

Cool, the GNX is back.

You can get a stick and AWD, very cool.

A lot of cars don't look very good in pictures but look much better in person.

I think it's great. It follows the fad of overly-styled midsize sedans to my eyes, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and the mechanical bits are excellent.

GM had the same reaction with the GTO. People wanted a RWD coupe with a large V-8 engine that wasn't a Camaro. We said, "gee, I wish the General would sell HERE what they sell over THERE as Holdens." We got our wish, and the GTO was subsequently panned by the press.

Here we have an excellent midsize sedan, with manual transmission options, and turbocharged engines. These are things that enthusiasts like us crave. C'mon people!
smile.gif

A four door camaro? Nice. Like the mini clubman wagon or the Fairmont shaped 1982 Mercury Cougar sedan.

I have to say I liked the regal hybrid I had as a rental recently in TX.

Not sure if the styling is tops to me, but I generally like where Buick and Cadillac are going, with buick a bit more my style (but not over the German makes just yet).

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
I think I'd like a 4 door vette or Camaro better than that thing. Gross out!

They have that. It's called the CTS-V.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back