Auto RX results.. Rated R. Graphic images.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not impressed.

I used Auto RX last year (2 applications) I always wanted to see the result. Last week I pulled the valve cover off to replace the gasket.

These are the images. To be fair to Auto RX people I do not have any before pic.

-

-

A bit varnished but as far as sludge there isn't a ton. I agree with you however 2 applications of Auto-RX would have me expecting a cleaner engine than that. This is why I just use synthetic or an HDEO and let things clean themselves out slowly, although very slowly I know that the problem isn't being contributed to and that it is slowly being fixed. I've seen Mobil 1 remove the varnish and sludge in an enigne of mine in three oil change intervals(90% gone at the end of the second). That would be 4 oil change intervals with Auto-RX, and after seeing this I don't know what it would have had the same result.

kickster,

You did not say how many miles were on your engine perhaps you needed to do 3 applactions or used the 3oz of Auto-Rx at each oil change this will reduce the sludge build up it works for me and I use Dino oil.

IMO, we need to know what oil used for clean/rinse and mileages for each cycle to more completley understand what is going on..

Our you using Auto-Rx Maintenace Program ? since your post says you cleaned it last year. What results did you expect to see a year later ? if you want to be fair get on the maintenace program and post photos again.

It is an Audi 5Cyl engine. I used Dino oil during the process. After Auto RX I used Group 4 synthetic such as Amsoil and Mobil one.

I wish I had a before picture but I dont. If ARX was not expensive I would have done another treatment and then post before and after pics but at this this I can not justify paying for ARX.

Frank, you should send me a Free ARX bottle to do the test.
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Frank:
Our you using Auto-Rx Maintenace Program ? since your post says you cleaned it last year. What results did you expect to see a year later ? if you want to be fair get on the maintenace program and post photos again.

I find this thread amazing. You state that you're not impressed with ARX, yet you don't even know what it looked like before you began treatment?

Everyone has their own opinion of course, but this one holds no credibility IMHO. Countless people on this site have done in depth analysis -including before/after compression readings as well as pictures, with very measurable results.

I've used it in 4 different applications so far, and each time I have seen a reduction in oil consumption, telling me that piston rings were unstuck during the ARX process.

The product works as claimed, plain and simple. I know of no other product on the market like it.
Sorry for the rant, but I couldn't let this post pass by without commenting.

Why do you find it "Amazing"? Niagra falls is Amazing. Great Wall of China is amazing. There is nothing amazing about this thread other than the fact that some one finds it to be "Amazing"

I clearly posted I do not have any before pic.

^It's amazing that you would comment negatively on the product, without really knowing what it's done.

How do you know it didn't look 10X worse before?

I will agree though, it does look BAD.

On my 89 Honda Prelude SI 2.0L w/130K miles, I did the two treatments with Auto-Rx. At each of the of the four OCI, more black carbon and sludge would fill the filter and come out with the oil. The carbon and sludge over a period of twenty years became dry and hard in the engine and oil pan. Sometimes it just takes longer for the sludge to brake down.

I am now on the second OCI using the 3oz maintenace program. After five OCIs, the valve area looks much cleaner now however, I STILL have carbon and sludge in the oil filter, and the oil turns black as coal within 3 miles.

I say that Auto-Rx is working as it should, it just took a little longer to soak into the 20 years of hard, thick and dry sludge and carbon.

As such, I will continue to use Auto-Rx in all of my cars and trucks.

I have a comment about Auto RX; it cleans. Unfortunately it cleans too well. I did the initial 1500 run and during the rinse phase I noticed drips. The rear main seal on my engine leakes like a sieve now. So, I will not be able to see how well the engine runs after the second treatment.
frown.gif
I do have a similar engine, but am reluctant to use the remaining bottle on that one for fear of the same thing happening.

That looks primarily like a heavy varnish buildup. It's not THAT bad.

Varnish removal is not the strong suit of ARX. But not knowing what was in there before, it is impossible to gauge how ARX performed here. For all we know, sludge was caked up to the valve cover.

I'd hit that varnish with a triple dose of LC (3oz/quart) over a couple of changes. LC is better at breaking down that type of contamination.

What I do not get is that if anyone states something other then positive on ARX, some people go nuts. This forum is to speak what you have done right? It is as bad as like Mobil vs Amsoil threads here or LC vs ARX. My *** people, the guy is just stating his experience on it.

We do not know what it looked like before but after (2) application ($50), I personally would expect it to look much better (based on visual inspection only). Even using the RSM13 (sp??) website as ref here. Then again playing the “other” role, it could have looked 100x worse too.

Not saying ARX is bad by any means but where does this guy stop? 3 applications, rip apart the cover again (just to see), spend more $$$ just to do it all over again? Then what is to blame next?

kickster – Just get ready to take a beating here. You could have finished round/application #7 yesterday and people would still say this and that.

Volvohead - I am running 2oz per qt now. Going to run for a few then take some pic's (with test data).

Kickster rinse your engine for 3000 miles with Castrol GTX
and post another photo. Your oil will release the contaminants and you will be suprised. No need to buy a thing. Why 3000 miles? because you used oil's with synthetic esters and they trapped your "crud"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back