Pirelli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe yes, maybe no. What particular model were you looking at? Their performance tires are on par with Michelin, I would consider them as a replacement for Super Sports if I was so inclined.

I had a set of Pirelli 190 SnowControl Winter tires.

Well, they were horrible.

I used them one season now they are still almost new and sitting in storage.

I ended up getting Yokohama IG-20's and the car handles and stops much better, and has much better traction on ice and snow.

I am not a fan of Pirelli, they are very good at marketing in my opinion.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Too generic of a question. Like very tire company out there, they make some good products as well as some not so good ones.

Ok....

Hopefully, owners/users can talk about their experiences with them? "OMG they were done after 12,000 miles," "Wow I love it on my Viper" etc etc?

What Pirelli tire? I really liked the P4 Four Seasons I had on my old Buick LeSabre. Those tires were really nice since they gripped well in the rain, rode pretty well, handled well, and were not too noisy. They wore like iron, having 4/32" tread after 75k miles of use.

Last edited:
Not sure about other specific model, but the P6 (not P4) Four Seasons is absolutely junk due to the LRR. My brother loves his P0 Rosso, on the other hand.

My wife has the P4 Four Seasons on her car and she is in love with those tires. She says when they wear out she wants the exact same model. They handle well in dry, rain, and moderate amounts of snow and the tread is wearing very slowly. She has had them on the car for about 2 years now.

Pirelli = High quality high performance tires. I have had 4-5 sets on various high performance cars. Handle well and stick to the road like glue.

Originally Posted By: TechnoLoGs
Too generic of a question. Like very tire company out there, they make some good products as well as some not so good ones.

Ok....

Hopefully, owners/users can talk about their experiences with them? "OMG they were done after 12,000 miles," "Wow I love it on my Viper" etc etc?

My point is that if you're looking to buy a particular tire model and the owners describe others, then how does it help you?

Narrow it down.

Originally Posted By: Doog
Pirelli = High quality high performance tires. I have had 4-5 sets on various high performance cars. Handle well and stick to the road like glue.

My R car came with the Rosso's OEM, supposedly they get about 18-20k out of them. I get about the same with either Michelin PS2's and about 25k or so in my Pilot Super Sports. However the treadwear rating is lower, as a performance tire should be.

Until the OP says what they are looking for I will just talk about the performance tires.

OP, watch Formula 1, they use Pirelli.

Pirelli, like every other tire manufacturer, makes [censored] tires and good tires, and everything inbetween.

I would not make a blanket statement about them as a whole.

Never drove on em but its one for me to consider since my local DT carries the P4 all season in my size, and my suv (2010 Tucson) seems to have way less tire makes/models than all previous vehicles I have owned. Maybe the 225/60-17 just isn't popular.

My point is that if you're looking to buy a particular tire model and the owners describe others, then how does it help you?

Narrow it down.

He's trolling with the question. That's why he left it intentionally broad.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04

Narrow it down.

He's trolling with the question. That's why he left it intentionally broad.

Oh, you are desperate.

No, this was about the opinions of Pirelli, as I am sure there will be many.

Try again

I am on my 2nd set of P-Zero Neros on my '08 CTS with the performance package. The OEM Michelins were awful, the Pirelli's are great...but wear is poor. I got 30k miles out of the first set and got the 2nd set pro-rated under warranty and this set is ready for replacement too at 30k miles again. I don't mind because they offer a 45k mile warranty and honor it and I prefer lower tire life to handling and safety. They are quiet, perform great and look good too.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
I am on my 2nd set of P-Zero Neros on my '08 CTS with the performance package. The OEM Michelins were awful, the Pirelli's are great...but wear is poor. I got 30k miles out of the first set

30K miles out of a set of performance tires is fantastic, IMO. I'm happy when I get 20K.

I am on my 2nd set of P-Zero Neros on my '08 CTS with the performance package. The OEM Michelins were awful, the Pirelli's are great...but wear is poor. I got 30k miles out of the first set

30K miles out of a set of performance tires is fantastic, IMO. I'm happy when I get 20K.

Isnt it directly related to how hard the rubber is?

Loved the ones i put on my old Sonata, just forget what they were(p7 cintaturo comes to mind..), I know the car had ~80k on the time, and they had an 60-80k mi tread life. realistically the guy who bought they car should still have them on unless he had a puncture.

put set of P4 four seasons on my neon last fall. and so far they've handled everything mother nature has thrown at me. (one of the reviews on discount tire's site for them, from a guy in MI, who put a set on his Neon,said they handled the MI winter like they were on rails. he never felt the need to swap out for winter tires.)

My folks just replaced the OE P6 Four Seasons on mom's '09 Taurus, with another set of the same tires. new tires have almost no noise, the old set (about 5-10k beyond the tread life warranty) had a good bit of road noise, and did a slight hydroplane in monsoon downpour conditions, but never left the road way.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: TechnoLoGs

Isnt it directly related to how hard the rubber is?

Yes, I usually get 20-25k out of performance tires if I don't push them hard. If you have a performance car, that comes with the territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back