A retail store for gallon Lucas Fuel Additive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried advance but they didn't carry gallons, neither does my local AZ. Would pepboys carry it or am I going to have to hunt down a truckstop? I can't seem to find a local carrier of gallons and the quarts around here run $9/ea.

UCL by the gallon

free shipping (over $31 purchase), no tax
grin.gif

How much does a gallon tend to go for, retail?

I thought I saw it mentioned on here it goes about $25/gallon. The quarts are on sale right now @ Kragen 2 for $12. I bought a couple, thinking of getting a couple more if it works out cheaper than the gallon.

I just priced a gallon of UCL at my local O'Reilly's for $23. They don't stock the gallon size in the store but carry it in their warehouse and would have it within a couple of days.

4 quarts in a gallon if i recall, 4*12=48 so thats about half of that links price, and its in better bottles too...

Most places sell Lucas retail quarts for $10/quart which is $40/gallon.
If you can get it for 2 for $12 thats a great deal
smile.gif

Thanks for the link surfstar!

Nice, I have a Pilot and Napa in the next town over.

I think I'll probably pick 2 more of the 32oz.(quart) size for $12, so I can have some extra convenience with the smaller bottles.

AFAIK, pint=16oz, quart=32oz, gallon=128oz, so yes there is 4 quarts per gallon. 2 quarts for $12 until June 24th @ Kragen's.....stock up!

Pilot seems a bit overpriced. I was looking at the Lucas lineup out of boredom over the weekend and everything was at least $2-3 more than at Advance.

I will be posting my lucas experience (since I am not a believer and need scientific evidence on my own car to believe in it) as far as fuel economy goes around the end of July. Until then, I'll be using what I can get. If it works out well, I'll be stocking up by the gallon. I intend to use it as a supplement each tank at 1-2oz/5gal.

Others, many, have reported Fuel Economy gains with lucas, so I hope to report the same.

A gal for $24 at Pilot is over priced? That's 4 quarts for $6/qt. That's a pretty good deal.
Advanced Auto where I live charges $8.99/qt, and no gal sizes available.

quote:

Originally posted by Dominic:
I intend to use it as a supplement each tank at 1-2oz/5gal.

2oz per 5gal would be too rich. 1oz per 4gal to 1oz per 5gal works best for me. I use it for cleaning and lubrication. I haven't noticed any change in gas mileage, and I keep good records.

Okay, I'll keep that in mind. Since my gas tank only holds 16 gallons and I rarely put in more than 10 each time, I'll put 2-3oz in per fillup after initial treatment. Like you said, if it doesn't give me better economy, it still might be good to run for lubricant and cleaning
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back