Auto-Rx 1st Rinse Phase 1993 SC300 103k Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an update on my first ARx treatment.
http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=004525

Anyway, I just drained the oil from the first clean phase at almost 1600 miles, replaced filter and filled up with 10W-40 dino for the summer. The oil came out very dark and at first looked very "syrupy". I could feel fine grit at the bottom of the collection bucket. The particles crumbled between my fingers, very similar to the pictures already posted by other members. I don't have a hacksaw so I did not cut open the filter.

Impressions so far: The engine seemed to go through "phases". It would be very smooth and quiet for a while, then noisy, then stumble every now and then (although no stalls or CELs or anything) and then back to being very smooth. And in my last post there was one episode of excessive oil consumption. After the oil change, the engine seems to sound like a sewing machine when accelerating. I don't usually get this noise when using 10W-40 oil. I will continue to scrutinize the car during this rinse phase. I am getting ready to drive out to Pittsburgh and back to NYC, so that will put on about 1000 miles right there. Despite the noisy engine, the car runs very smooth and seems healthy otherwise. The 1/2 quart consumption at 1300 miles seems to have been a one time deal as at 1600 miles into the clean phase, no extra consumption was noted.

Why not actually post this in that thread instead of confusing everyone staying tuned with another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back