Auto-RX in 98 Trooper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to ya'll at BITOG I finally learned why my 98 Trooper has always burned oil. We bought it new, have always done 3K OCI with Havoline dino, it has always been driven moderately. It has almost 99K on it and now uses a quart in less than 1K miles. Last night I ordered two bottles of Auto-RX, we'll see what happens.
Joe

Lazy JW,
I have used Auto-Rx on a 2001 Isuzu Trooper that had 45,000 miles on the odometer at the time. It has now had two Auto-Rx clean and rinse cycles.

If you are not already doing so, please consider using FP60 in your gasoline. I am very happy with both products and would not hesitate to recommend their use in whatever products you own. I am still experimenting with LC20 to determine its effectiveness in my applications.

Oh, by the way, start tracking your fuel mileage now. Nothing like seeing your fuel economy go up to make you satisfied with your decision to try Auto-Rx.

Bobby

Thanks for the reply. I have always kept fair track of my mileage, it really hasn't changed since new. Wouldn't mind if it improved though. My main concern is the oil consumption, it has always burned a little oil and now seems to be increasing. I have never been much of a believer in snake oils so am somewhat sceptical, but you folks here at BITOG make a pretty strong argument for Auto-RX. Gotta see for myself. I will consider your suggestions about FP60 and LC20.
Joe

Got my Auto-RX today, 10 oz in the crankcase this evening, new SuperTech filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back