I found a gold mine of NOS additives

Status
Not open for further replies.
My local garage owner, that's been out of business for over a decade, has given me the task to liquidate all of his 73 years of accummulation. This includes 3 Corvair convertables, 2 MG's, and a Triumph Spitfire. All the British stuff ran when parked (25years ago) and all have been garaged (although the dust is vintage 70's) and have titles. Anyway, he's got a full line of Gates belts and a ton of older "mechanic in a can" stuff. Wynn's and whatnot. I should have shot an image of the back room ..but I did grab one of this little gem. I have never seen MMO in this service station size can.

-

Now the stuff probably isn't worth a whole lot (the chemicals) ..but it's interesting none the less.

quote:

Originally posted by TallPaul:
Probably still good. Looks like the ink is faded.

That's more from photo "auto enhance" then anything else. It's not the rich red that we're used to on the Marvel can though. I always liked the artwork.

I can have over 20 of them, if I want ...and all the Wynn's stuff and what not ...he just wants it gone and doesn't have the oomph to do it himself. He's like many of us ..picking stuff up along the way and never quite getting time to do the stuff we wanted to with it. Other stuff, like the chemicals ..was just a matter of just hanging on to perfectly good stuff for no good reason
dunno.gif

The current MMO label looks like it comes from the 1920s or thereabouts, but this label looks circa 1970s. Well maybe it was an attempt to modernize the label at that time and they went back to the label they had when great granddad poured the stuff into his oil and gas.

Show us more of the garage goodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back