Status
Not open for further replies.
yftb.jpg

Products used :
Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss
Chemical Guys Blue Clay Bar
Chemical Guys Black Light
( This happened two weeks ago or so )

The vehicle was then wiped down with Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine at Quick Detailer strength. Followed by a very thin application of Wolfgang Fuzion wax. The wax goes on like butter and a little goes a long way. Even though its supposed to be a Wipe On Wipe Off application, I allowed it to dry/haze for about 5~10 mins before wiping off. Came off super easy with a thick microfiber towel. Barely made a dent in the jar for the whole car. The vehicle was topped off with Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 after a 24 hour cure period. Most definitely RECOMMENDED
thumbsup2.gif

( And yes I know the wheels and tires need some loving. The car is due for a rotation soon, so I will be doing a full wax strip off and reseal after the servicing. )

Originally Posted By: bourne
The car is due for a rotation soon, so I will be doing a full wax strip off and reseal after the servicing. )

Wait, you're going to do everything over again just because you had it serviced? Might need to find a better shop if they're hacking the car up like that. Car looks great btw.

Fuzion is legit, but i have not used it. However, curiosity has yet to overcome my wallet in this matter.

Right now im still blown away by HD Poxy applied with a PC and a LC blue pad. I prefer a paste wax, so i kinda wana give either Souveran or Fuzion a try, which do you think would look best after HD Polish on a black Honda?

Originally Posted By: satinsilver

Wait, you're going to do everything over again just because you had it serviced? Might need to find a better shop if they're hacking the car up like that. Car looks great btw.

Thanks! Lol and no its not the shops issue, I run that shop. I am planning on purchasing a DA buffer and apply Blacklight using that. Ive heard it does a decent about of filling/correction. The car has few swirl marks from the dealership car wash or w/e. I cant wait to try Fuzion on my silver Acura either. I just did this round to see the effect of the new wax.

Originally Posted By: randomhero439
which do you think would look best after HD Polish on a black Honda?

Between Pinnacle and Wolfgang, I would go with Fuzion for a black car. Pinnacle gives a very warm carnauba shine while Fuzion just adds intense depth and gloss to the paint. Another good option is Supernatural from DoDo Juice ( doesnt last as long from what Ive read ) or Supernatural Hybrid from DoDo Juice ( has added polymers for better longevity ). I do encourage you to try CG Black Light prior to using Fuzion or w/e LSP you decide to end up with. Black Light + Hybrid V7 from CG is a excellent combo by itself, but with a good wax it really brings out the wetness in the paint. Use in the following order :

CG Black Light ( let it cure overnight if you can )
Wolfgang Fuzion ( cure overnight as well )
CG Hybrid V7 Sealant+QD ( the morning after waxing )

Results will be mind blowing!

Taking notes here. Likely buying a new car soon, and with it, a polisher. I haven't done anything to the Subaru yet this year because of the stupid smashed bumper someone gifted to us.

Originally Posted By: VicVinegar
Taking notes here. Likely buying a new car soon, and with it, a polisher. I haven't done anything to the Subaru yet this year because of the stupid smashed bumper someone gifted to us.

Harbor Freight has a $59.99 DA buffer from Chicago Electrics that everyone has been raving about on Autogeek and Autopia forums. Get a 5" backing plate from Amazon for under $10 and get yourself some 5.5/6.5 inch Lake Country CCS Flat pads. If the vehicle is brand new, I would just worry about paint/clearcoat maintenance. Some Black/Red/Blue polishing pads will work just fine for you. If you get Blacklight ( and I recommend you do, makes an excellent base for your WAX as an LSP ), it has some micro abrasives anyways to fill/fix any light swirls etc anyways. Get yourself a gallon jug of Hybrid V7 as well ( believe me, buy the gallon because if you get the 16oz you will just have to buy more of it later ). Griot's Garage makes an excellent value for money clay. Get some Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine, you can use this for maintenance washes, clay lube and Quick Detailer in various strengths. By far the most economical clay lube in the market as well.

Products that I personally use are :

1) CG Citrus Wash and Gloss ( great for stripping wax or daily washes in different concentration ratios )
2) Gilmour Foamaster II Foam Gun
3) Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine
4) CG/Griot's Garage Clay
5) CG Silk Shine Dressing
5) CG Leather Cleaner+Conditioner Combo
6) CG Diable Wheel Cleaner
7) CG All Purpose Citrus Cleaner
8) CG Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish
9) CG Butter Wet Wax
10) Wolfgang Fuzion Hybrid Polymer Wax
11) CG Hybrid V7 Sealant+Quick Detailer Combo
12) Various Microfiber towels and applicator pads
13) Pro Grade spray bottles ( really cheap at Sam's Club )

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Am I politically incorrect to notice the orange peel?

I thought the same thing but it's a very nice shine nonetheless. Good work.

Am I politically incorrect to notice the orange peel?

Your not. Its just how the car came. I remember the first time I detailed it. Its not on the clearcoat, but under it. The color is called Black Mica and I think the orange peel is because of the metallic flecks in the paint. I could be wrong though. As you can tell from the picture, its underneath the surface.

Those are not metallic flakes. Unfortunately, factory orange peel means you get to live with it. Whether they are in the clearcoat or in the basecoat, you will not be able to polish them away. It is difficult to make out but the fender over the tire seems to be free of the orange peel or is that just a camera trick? If that is the case, then you have to worry about why the orange peel is different on the different panels.

I do recall there was a Honda Accord owner somewhere on the web who did wetsand his brand new car and removed the orange peel but he took one heck of a risk in doing that.

Last edited:
I detail alot of cars. I use Meg's Gold Class Shampoo, HD Claybar, HD Cut, HD Polish, and HD Poxy. For cars that want serious paint work. I also have a Porter Cable with lotsa Lake Country pads and multiple backing plates.

Other waxes i use are Meg's Ultimate paste wax, and Meg's M26. I also have love for Meg's Wheel Brightener. Best bang for buck when cleaning wheels alot. 303 Aerospace for the interior, Meg's Ultimate Protectant for the exterior. Meg's Ultimate Quik Wax to give the wheels a super shine.

The HD products are some of the best around, and they are not super expensive, you should look into those.

This link might help you too.

$100 detailing kit

Last edited:
Those are not metallic flakes. Unfortunately, factory orange peel means you get to live with it. Whether they are in the clearcoat or in the basecoat, you will not be able to polish them away. It is difficult to make out but the fender over the tire seems to be free of the orange peel or is that just a camera trick? If that is the case, then you have to worry about why the orange peel is different on the different panels.

I do recall there was a Honda Accord owner somewhere on the web who did wetsand his brand new car and removed the orange peel but he took one heck of a risk in doing that.

Yea I read up on it after I posted that. Seems all Mazda 3s have that to some extent. Mostly on the lower side panels. And you are correct, the flat surfaces and the fenders do not seem to have that effect. Oh well, who care. Its not a show car. As long as I can keep it close to the condition it was when we bought it brand new, I will be quite happy lol.

On some vehicles, the lower panels usually have more plasticized/rubberized paint to resist chipping and in that case the orange peel is to be expected.

Originally Posted By: bourne
Originally Posted By: VicVinegar

Harbor Freight has a $59.99 DA buffer from Chicago Electrics that everyone has been raving about on Autogeek and Autopia forums. Get a 5" backing plate from Amazon for under $10 and get yourself some 5.5/6.5 inch Lake Country CCS Flat pads. If the vehicle is brand new, I would just worry about paint/clearcoat maintenance. Some Black/Red/Blue polishing pads will work just fine for you. If you get Blacklight ( and I recommend you do, makes an excellent base for your WAX as an LSP ), it has some micro abrasives anyways to fill/fix any light swirls etc anyways. Get yourself a gallon jug of Hybrid V7 as well ( believe me, buy the gallon because if you get the 16oz you will just have to buy more of it later ). Griot's Garage makes an excellent value for money clay. Get some Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine, you can use this for maintenance washes, clay lube and Quick Detailer in various strengths. By far the most economical clay lube in the market as well.

Products that I personally use are :

1) CG Citrus Wash and Gloss ( great for stripping wax or daily washes in different concentration ratios )
2) Gilmour Foamaster II Foam Gun
3) Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine
4) CG/Griot's Garage Clay
5) CG Silk Shine Dressing
5) CG Leather Cleaner+Conditioner Combo
6) CG Diable Wheel Cleaner
7) CG All Purpose Citrus Cleaner
8) CG Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish
9) CG Butter Wet Wax
10) Wolfgang Fuzion Hybrid Polymer Wax
11) CG Hybrid V7 Sealant+Quick Detailer Combo
12) Various Microfiber towels and applicator pads
13) Pro Grade spray bottles ( really cheap at Sam's Club )

Thanks. I've done plenty of lurking over at Autogeek, and almost bought a Griots DA a while back. Just had way too many things get in the way of doing what I want to do on a weekend. Now I get to deal with replacing my car...or limping it down to a mechanic today now that I have a free day. Detailing...maybe next month.

Regarding the HF DA, are they holding up? The allure of the Griots for me was the lifetime warranty. Grab a good AAP coupon, and you can knock a good chunk off the price, although you can almost buy 2 of the HF ones for the price of one Griots.

I havent used the HF DA buffer yet, still saving some money for it. I got the backing plate and pads first lol. And AAP coupons do not work on the GG DA polisher they have. I just found a 25% off coupon for HF in a car magazine, will be using that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back