FP60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my 32 Oz Sqeeze bottle in. I added about 5 oz's to my 26 gallon tank. I keep a Very close track of my MPG. Last Time On my 05 Ram 4.7L. I managed to get 18MPG Which includes driving on moutainous terrain. I'll post back in this thread once I check out the next 2 tanks and average the MPG. If it turns out pretty good I'll prob order a gallon. If not then I'll just have to go from there and see.

I gotta' say, even if it gives a 5% advantage, it can be VERY hard to check that based on one car's mileage.
Try to always fill up at the same pump at the same station all the time.

I always do. Usually about the same time of day too. As soon as I get off Work on fridays I always just drive right in and fill up.

As I've said repeatedly, I don't know if it's FP, but, the mileage on my three vehicles has jumped significantly coinciding with it's use. COULD be the temperature. COULD be the gas (although I also changed to the cheapest regular unleaded coinciding with FP). COULD be something else. Monday, I'm headed on the Woodpecker Trail in South GA, where I keep the cruise set for hours. If my car gets better than 36.xx mpg, like it did the previous 6 times on this route, I'll really, really be suspicious that it's indeed the FP.

If nothing else, I'm saving money using the cheaper gas, which more than pays for the benefits of the FP cleaning...which is what I use it for.

I did a 800 mile road trip with & without FP...

With a 1998 Honda Civic on the way to Atlanta GA and I averaged 38 MPG on the highway at 70-75 miles per hour without FP.

On the way home I used FP60 and I got 41 MPG driving the same speed and on the same road. I doubt a tail wind could have cause a 3 MPG gain in fuel economy.

I've got to drive to Columbia tomorrow for a seminar. I've just started using FP (on my second tank with it) so I'll check the mileage on that trip and see what I get. I generally average around 28-29 mpg on the 180 mile round trip.

Columbia, SC ?

My aunt and uncle live in Columbia and work at Ft Jackson. Very laid back city & people.
smile.gif

"I doubt a tail wind could have caused a 3 MPG gain in fuel economy."

Depending on the mph of the wind, a tail wind or a head wind can easily cause a 3 mpg or more gain, or loss. I know. I drive a lot in the west, between Minneapolis and Boise, Idaho. We get a lot of head and tail winds. Their effect on mpg is considerable, especially when they're 30 mph or more, which they often are in the high plains.

quote:

Originally posted by jmacmaster:
"I doubt a tail wind could have caused a 3 MPG gain in fuel economy."

Depending on the mph of the wind, a tail wind or a head wind can easily cause a 3 mpg or more gain, or loss. I know. I drive a lot in the west, between Minneapolis and Boise, Idaho. We get a lot of head and tail winds. Their effect on mpg is considerable, especially when they're 30 mph or more, which they often are in the high plains.

I drove my 4Runner from the midwest to Boston and back about a month ago. I saw 2+ mpg worse fuel economy coming home than I did going out.

A friend in southern NH has made the same trip many times and he always sees about the same difference as I did no matter what vehicle he's drving. He believes it's the prevailing winds...

Up north you guys have strong head/tail winds.

Down here we get very mild sea breezes off the Atlantic & Gulf of Mexico.

I don't measure the FP when I add it to the tank, because I use a long funnel and I pour it out of the gallon jug.....I'm guessing 5 ounces (+ or -) per gas tank.

well Im at 19.2 MPG now. So I'll definitly be ordering a gallon or two when I run out of my current FP !!

One other thing to take into account is feet above sea level.

J-sharp...that could explain your 2 mpg difference. Boston is a sea level, midwest is higher.

quote:

Originally posted by G-Man II:
I've got to drive to Columbia tomorrow for a seminar. I've just started using FP (on my second tank with it) so I'll check the mileage on that trip and see what I get. I generally average around 28-29 mpg on the 180 mile round trip.

That's excellent MPG for a 300M! I had a friend trade his 300M on a Cadillac Seville with the Northstar, and he commented on how much easier the Caddy was on fuel, even though he had to run premium in it.
He claims to have only gotten 18-19 MPG average with his M, and the Caddy gets 24-25 in the same driving environment.

Heck, I can pull 18-19 with my Durango! Granted, that's mostly highway, but it'll do it! Mixed driving yeilds me 15-16, but I'm well over 1000# heavier with a larger engine, so I can't complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back