Any reason to analyze A-RX rinse oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the wifey's '96 Camry V-6, pre-sludger, I'm approaching the drain of the second rinse phase.

I've not done any prior analysis on this engine.

Though I've been here a year and learning all the time I've no clue if there is any value to be gained from having this oil run.

On the one hand I guess that the results are heavily skewed for obvious reasons.

On the other hand I've no clue if there is anything that might be learned

I would sure appreciate some input from those of you that know. I don't mind the cost at all if there is a possibility that there might be some value to doing it. If it is just plain useless, well...

TIA, John

Any reason? Well, it would be interesting!
grin.gif
*But*: I have my doubts about the practicality. You'll get a more representative result if you wait until the fill after the rinse, & probably even better on the fill after that one(assuming you stick with one specific oil). But I'm no expert, & someone may know a good reason to have the rinse oil analyzed, just don't know what that would be myself.

I've begun the "double treatment" Auto-Rx regime myself. Am now about 1200 miles into Clean #1, car has 191,xxx miles on it. I have *one* remaining Schaeffer analysis kit, & plan to use it the 2nd fill after the final Rinse #2- so it's gonna be a while!

Stuart, I agree with your comments re UOA after ARX as I am also finishing the rinse on my ARX "double treatment". Think I will wait until tthe second post ARX fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back