ECO fuel systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'll bite. I looked at the study the outside testing analysis they paid for and found this blurb at the end. Sure it increased fuel economy, but the speed of the vehicle was slower and the RPMs were slower. Sounds like all this does is restrict your gas flow. You could do the same by not stepping on the gas pedal as much.

I am not sure how they claim to get increased performance from your engine.

From the site:

Of the four vehicles tested, three were equipped with an On Board Diagnostic system level II. Of the parameters monitored, Emissions Technology of Texas requested that the percent change of rpm, speed and throttle percent be calculated. Table 6 shows the average percent change in each of these parameters over the three vehicles that were monitored.

Table 6. Average percent change of monitored parameters with device installed.

% change

EPA-75 FTP HWFET

rpm
- 0.3 % - 0.367 %

Speed
- 2.267 % - 0.133 %

Throttle %
1.067 % 2.833 %

LOL! Another one of those "nuclear/mysterious atom in a toob and fuel rearranges themselves on the atom level" thingy.

Do a thread search! There are/were BITOG members testing this device. Glad you brought it up. We never heard what happened. I said no thanks once I found it was probably going to require splicing into the fuel line.

Yeah I was supposed to get one (free to test and report) from the person who was selling/touting them. Gave him my contact info and never heard back. I think one person got one but wouldn't be trying it until spring time or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back