CD-2 'pink' added to 5W20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read the posts about the CD-2 Street Legal Oil Boost (pink stuff). Would this be OK to add to 5W20? Would it be of any benefit to newer vehicles (< 25K)? My Big Lots also has plenty of these. The back of the bottle says to "add to 5W30 --> xxx". The Copyright was 2003 -- when 5W20 wasn't too popular yet. Thanks in advance.

SLOB -- I like that. I might just have to add some Pink SLOB to my 5W20. It can't really hurt? It's only $1.99. I knew Ford and Honda were pushing 5W20 back prior to '03 -- that's why I was a little bit worried.

I have 12 bottles of pink SLOB. I'm just itching to SLOB my oil.

So they (CD-2/TurtleWax) told us 4500 ppm zinc, etc., but maybe we should verify it. I have three prepaid analysis kits left and I am tired of UOAs, so maybe it's time I sent in a sample of the pink SLOB. Yep, I'm going to do it. Out in tomorrow's mail. Two weeks I should have the results. Will post in the VOA forum.

There, finally I get to do something fun with my SLOB.
lol.gif

BTW, I would definitely SLOB 5w20.

TP - the SLOB users appreciate your effort.

I added a couple ounces before a snowboard trip b/c we borrowed my sister's car and I figured why not add some SLOB for protection on the long uphill drive.

No problem. Like I said, I am sick of UOAs. Besides these kits were $8.50 postpaid. ANA Labs, but if you look at my Lead Saga thread in the UOA forum, the lab seems to have some trouble getting the numnbers right the first time (and sometimes the second time). Anyway, we'll see what results we get.

I'm going beyond SLOB on my next oil change for the F150. I will be adding 10 oz of Bruce381's PCMO additive. It has 21000 ppm zinc. Will double the zddp in the SL Durablend. That would be like adding 2.5 bottles of SLOB!

Remember the day we christened this stuff SLOB. It's what internet legends are made of. Paul, any chance you can send in some 75k plus treatment as well...?I kinda, uh....bought...um...a few of those hoping they were something good....

5W20 was already pretty well-known and required for Ford and Honda in 2003. I would speculate they were worried about throwing the oil out of grade. But it can't be THAT big a deal.

quote:

Originally posted by BrianWC:
5W20 was already pretty well-known and required for Ford and Honda in 2003. I would speculate they were worried about throwing the oil out of grade. But it can't be THAT big a deal.

Hah! Just a thought...if this stuff catches on and becomes a BITOG legend and we abbreviate it like we do VSOT....will we all be spiking our cars with "SLOB?"
lol.gif

Wow BrianWC. That would have been the way to go. But maybe you are better off trading it in for SLOB? I can't figure why I got two nearly immediate responses on SLOB but in 2+ weeks nothing on the 75K stuff.

I only have two kits left and was thinking at least to do one of the Redline in the Aerostar and the other I though would be good for a baseline on the Bruce381 mix I am putting in in June. If I didn't have more than enough additive for the forseeable future, I might grab a stock of the 75K stuff. Maybe I should email them again.

BYW, when I took the sample last night I poured the SLOB into an empty and well drained quart oil bottle, shook it well, and then sampled. SLOB pours very easy and really does not look any thicker than regular oil, though it would not shake much in the pink bottle (too confining I guess).

We need a thread with SLOB in the subject line. That would draw a lot more folks in and help set SLOB as the official acronym for CD2 Street Legal (high performance) Oil Boost. Maybe someone who has some free time can do it and the first post could link all existing SLOB threads.

I think I've collected most of the links now. Someone better use the new thread or I will hold my breath until I turn pink, SLOB pink!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back