Wagner Quick Stop brakes??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had superior performance from PBR and Performance Friction pads. Excellent braking, low pad and rotor wear, low dust. Beats OEM.

Originally Posted By: hounddog
I cannot even begin to say how many new sets of aftermarket pads I have chucked in the trash.I bet thousands.Just my experience.Once I was at the parts counter at a Nissan store.Two guys were buying every set of 300zx and 240sx pads in stock.I asked why? They left home without pads and were racing at Road Atlanta.I asked about aftermarket pads,rotors? They said they had to replace pads AND rotors after every race using aftermarket.Said factory stopped as good or better and they got 3 times the laps,races out of rotors. I say again if you want your vehicle to stop like it did NEW you know what it takes.Same with shocks and ride characteristics.Load range rating on tires also.

Not everyone wants the vehicle to stop like new. Some of OEM brake pads have downsides. A lot of of factories put on brake pads with little dust, smooth but sub-average stopping power, and great longevity, mostly on mainstream sedans. Even some versions of Mustangs have [censored] factory brakes for hard driving, fading after driving some time in the hills.

I also wouldn't toss all aftermarket brake pads into the same category. I wouldn't be surprised if +90% of people who get their aftermarket pads received theirs from auto repair shops, who charge $100 an hour for labor, then install the [censored] brake pad they find but charge like it was a premium brake pad. A good premium brake pad should be as good as OEM, or better. Of course, if the owner like the OEM brakes, then he should keep using them, but not OEM brakes are good IMO. As for track pads, there exist plenty of good ones. For example, the great variety of EBC brake pads. StopTech pads are also very good.

Last edited:
I have used Quick Stop pads many times. Good pad, good price. Thermoquiet pads despite their name can be noisy on some applications.

I just installed a rear set on an 87 Nissan Maxima about 50 miles ago, so obviously I can't comment on long term. But, they seem like a pretty decent pad -quiet, good pedal feel and good stopping power. According to Wagner these are the OE composition, while the Thermoquiets were an upgrade. These QuickStops were FF rated - not sure about the Thermoquiets.

I did have to file some burrs of one of the tabs, but overall decent construction. Packaging is so-so, one of the wear indicators was slightly loose from rolling around in the box. They are made in China if that matters, but probably expected at this price point and are a good OE type pad. As mentioned above, there are many pads to choose from depending on what you need/want.

Last edited:
Yes, brake pads are like ice cream, over a million flavors.

Just like there is no "best" oil there is no "best" pad.

Depends on the platform, driver, usage, etc.

quick stops are wagners cheap brake pad line. I have thermoquiets on the front of my car and they have no dust, stop like a mother and wear like iron. Very impressed. Spend the extra dollars

Originally Posted By: adomzz
quick stops are wagners cheap brake pad line. I have thermoquiets on the front of my car and they have no dust, stop like a mother and wear like iron. Very impressed. Spend the extra dollars

Very well said!
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back