2009 Honda Fit valve clatter or injectors or LMS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife's Fit (2009 base MT, 80k miles) is making more and more noise at idle. Car runs fine and gets 38mpg. I don't drive it much so just recently noticed it making more noise than usual when she pulled into the driveway while I was standing there. Has already had the lost motion spring (LMS) recall. Video below will let you hear the sound. It sounds like maybe just noisy injectors, but suppose it could be valves getting loose, or even the LMS failing? I'm not very experienced with Honda engines so can't make this diagnosis myself - hence seeking opinions from you guys. I am planning on doing valve lash adjustment in the very near future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ljayr88/9026904322/

Originally Posted By: ram_man
Sounds like valve clatter.

I concur Doctor.
grin2.gif

Ours is pretty ticky too. The valves sound like a sewing machine, while the injectors, especially the #1 injector at the far end of the fuel rail, sound loud. It quiets down with some UCL in the tank, so ours at least is injectors.

The valves got a little louder after a valve lash adjustment last spring, but not that loud.

mostly valve lash sounds, the rest are from injectors.

If you haven't have them valves adjusted for 80k, it's definitely time to do so. My 07 fit (bought in 06) now clocked @ 58k and already had 2 valve lash adjustments done (I'm amal about valve lash noise).

Q.

Wow, did the older fits get that much better milage?!

The F22B2 in my 94 sounds like the worlds largest sewing machine, no biggie.

Did the valve lash adjustment today and it changed absolutely nothing. New spark plugs, etc and still got the sewing machine sound. Must be injectors. If normal then I won't worry about it. But seems like it wasn't like that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back