New Auto-RX Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I just found out about Auto-RX and I'm going to give it a shot soon. Unfortunately I already have Marvel Mystery Oil additive in my engine at the moment. Do you think I should change my oil before adding Auto-RX, or can I just go ahead and use it with the Marvel Mystery oil in the engine as it is?

Thanks,
Andy

First,
welcome.gif

Second, ditto wavinwayne.

VWAndy,

I would dump the oil Auto-Rx will clean out any solvents that has been left in your engine when you add it to the new oil good luck.

Daryl

Auto-Rx will nullify & void any MMO upon contact . Drain it first so Auto-Rx chemistry focuses on cleaning your engine. Not removing a solvent based product.

Wow, thanks for the replies guys. I'll drain out the current oil before trying the Auto-RX. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks,
Andy

Andy,
Here's what I would do:
1) Drain the OIL only and leave filter ON!
2) Refill crankcase with the cheapest oil you can find of the proper viscosity (Kragen has Chevron Supreme for $0.59/qt after rebate).
3) Drive car for a day or two.
4) Do a FULL oil & filter change adding the proper amount of ARX.

This will ensure that as much of the MMO is out of the crankcase and that ARX can give you the most benefit possible. Hope this helps and enjoy ARX!

General rule: don't run two different additives in your oil or gas, at the same time. In repect to oil, never compromise the oils additive package. Auto-Rx will not compromise the additive package in the host oil. With just ARX in the host oil, not a problem. Add in a second variable, don't know. Be smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back