mmo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told by another member to "fog" mmo into my carb on a car for winter storage, does mmo come with a spray top or can i just use one from another bottle ( does mmo spray through a bottle sprayer )

How do i "fog"ith mmo.

I've fogged my outboards with MMO by blending it with just enough gasoline to allow it to spray out the nozzle in a mist. Run the engine hot. Then spray it into the carb barrels slowly for a while. Finish by stalling the engine with a strong dosage.

There are probably better methods for winterization.

quote:

Originally posted by wileyE:
Why not just buy a can of fogging oil?

What's fun or creative about that
confused.gif
I bet it doesn't come in as fancy a bottle ..nor smell as good.

So there!

grin.gif

Ah,I have seen that but i thought it was penetrating fluid and not regular mmo, is it?

Is CD2 made by mmo also?

That MMO in the clear spray bottle looks red... The MMO that I have in my basement isn't red. Is your MMO red???

EDIT: Change in formulation? Mine is a bit older and comes in a metal can, very thin. The stuff that I have doesn't seem much different from the smell and viscosity of brake fluid.

[ April 29, 2006, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: MN Driver ]

quote:

Originally posted by MN Driver:
That MMO in the clear spray bottle looks red... The MMO that I have in my basement isn't red. Is your MMO red???

EDIT: Change in formulation? Mine is a bit older and comes in a metal can, very thin. The stuff that I have doesn't seem much different from the smell and viscosity of brake fluid.

did you put brake fluid in an old MMO can?

Hmm you're right, I didn't look too closely at the label. Maybe it's not MMO in there.

Easiest to just email them and find out if MMO comes in a sprayer.

I have used MMO for years as a fogging oil. If its a carb'ed engine I fill a large syringe and just squirt it in until I have steady smoke coming out the exhaust. At that point its fogged, and it shut the engine down. It could be poured into a good chemical resistant spray bottle as well.

Frank D

Why not use fogging oil ?? I winterize my boat
and Jet Ski use MMO. MMO will not foul the plugs
like fogging oil will and after sitting and
soaking all winter you blow out any carbon
from the tops of the pistons. Gooood Stuff

I emailed the question if mmo and the penetrating oil were the same thing but no response back yet.

I too fog my outboard boat motor but i like the idea of not having my plugs fouled as easy and even some cleaning action when started back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back