Auto-RX in Turbo Volvo

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by fluffernutter:
Thanks. The consumption is never consistent. I havent done enough driving to really test it. I'd guess its doing a 3/4 of a quart every 2000 miles at the moment.

The first thing I would do is replace the PCV valve.

That could be the cause of your consumption.

Ted,

We can trade uoa's. It's going to be interesting to see how your TT does. I'm actually thinking of trying GC gold on the next round.

Back to the thread. I have an 84 Civic that burned oil a bit. Over 21 years, without every having the head off, I went from 5w-30 to 20w-50, to control oil consumption, and at about 475k miles did a double Auto-RX. Before the treatment I was burning a quart of 20w-50 in a little less than a thousand miles. After I went back to 5w-30 and I'm burning practically nothing. Don't keep going to thicker oils to stop oil consumption without first trying Auto-Rx.
patriot.gif

I'm just finishing the second rinse cycle in my 94 855T winter car, it has 175K miles. It had a slight lifter issue as well as a weepy RMS. The lifter "ticking" has reduced to the point of being barely noticeable to anyone but myself and the RMS is bone dry externally. I'm not sure yet if I'll end up running M1 in it or not but overall I'm very happy with the ARX results and will be doing the maintenance program. I also have a 97 854R summer car with 68K miles that's only ever seen M1 5w-30 since around 11K miles when I got it. I'll be doing one ARX treatment with it as soon as it's on the road for the season. I'll go back to M1 with that car after the ARX treatment.

You should be fine with the 740T as long as you follow the ARX instructions. Post back if anything unusual happens while you're doing the treatment such as a low oil level light etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back