Nice! No Ethanol this summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the pumps at my station had "10%" stickers on them today. And the price had jumped another 12 cents/gallon. The last guy on my pump had just spent $65 on gas. All the rest were in the high 40s.

Ethanol delivers less mileage than gasoline.

Higher prices and lower mileage . . .

Guess who's going to make even more profits now?

AND . . . those who blend ethanol get a tax credit for every gallon they produce.

I think Lee Raymond retired a couple quarters too early.

I do not see how Ethanol can benifit your engine that much, first of all the price per gallon not much cheeper than gasoline.

I live in Daytona Beach, Florida and we don't see much of the E85 here. I have a Chrysler T/C 3.8 engine and it is set up to use Ethanol I spoke with the service manager where I purchased it and his comment was lets hope you don't have to use it.

This is my personal opinion if you clean and rinse youe engine with Auto-Rx it would be a greater gas savings.

Daryl

I believe in our area we were only getting stuck with it in the winter months.

quote:

Originally posted by dbdeland:
I do not see how Ethanol can benifit your engine that much, first of all the price per gallon not much cheeper than gasoline.

I live in Daytona Beach, Florida and we don't see much of the E85 here. I have a Chrysler T/C 3.8 engine and it is set up to use Ethanol I spoke with the service manager where I purchased it and his comment was lets hope you don't have to use it.

This is my personal opinion if you clean and rinse youe engine with Auto-Rx it would be a greater gas savings.

Daryl

Here in Illinois E85 is almost .40 cents cheaper than regular gasoline. I believe that I have also read that E85 is a much "Cleaner" burning fuel as well which is very good for any automobile.

So whats going to happen. What additives will be taken out of the fuels to lower the costs?
So whats going to happen is fuel quality is going to be garbage and the enviornment will suffer? Doesnt make sense to me and is a health hazard???
The ethanol in fuels causes a cleaner tail pipe emission so I dought that will be removed but the other additives will suffer possibly? From what I read its not clear at all what will be changing in the fuels this summer as bush stated.
The screwy thing about all this is there is no answer to what fuel quality will be like in the near future its like a free for all no one knows what the FK is going on bush just trys to put a band aid on this from day one. Sorry for my raint but this is getting out of hand.

My Chrysler Owners Manual informs me to expect a 30% percent decrease in cruising range and MPG I was shocked at that kind of a reduction is this normal for all makes of vehicles?

No, fuel quality will be better and you will get more mpg without the ethanol and most cars run pretty clean these days. Ethanol is in short supply right now, so that is what will be left out, not like it's any great loss anyhow. Blenders will use it when they can get it as it is a still a cheap filler, but as long as it isn't mandated the price can stay at reasonable level. Jeeze you would think the sky was falling cause there is a temporary shortage of ethanol. We used to curse the stuff, imean really it is nothing but another alchohol. eats rubber, decreases gas mileage hugely.

quote:

My Chrysler Owners Manual informs me to expect a 30% percent decrease in cruising range and MPG I was shocked at that kind of a reduction is this normal for all makes of vehicles?

========
That would seem hard to believe. Even if the 10% ethanol were totally inert with no BTU value at all, the gasoline would only lose 10% of its BTUs/gallon.

quote:

That would seem hard to believe. Even if the 10% ethanol were totally inert with no BTU value at all, the gasoline would only lose 10% of its BTUs/gallon.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought E85 was 85% ethanol and 15% gasoline.

quote:

Again, he is talking about E85, which is 85% ethanol & 15% gasoline.

A vehicle needs stainless steel fuel lines and a special tank liner to handle the permeability & corrosiveness of full-time operation on E85.

so the answer to higher gas prices is...removing the requirement to add 'additives in order to meet clean-air standards'?

thanks, thanks a lot...

I guess that has the additional benifit potentially reducing the load on social security in urban areas, so its a win-win-win for the president, the government and oil companies! hurray!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back