Auto-rx on filter with 250 kms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Site said to put a new one in, am i OK with a filter with only 250kms on it? Sounds like this stuff is going to loosen up alot of debris, anyone had a filter plug up?

I think you would be okay. Some people wait to add autorx towards the end of the life of the oil so they can save a little money/resources. Why put only 2K on an oil that can easily do 10K? Just wait until about 8K and then put in the autorx. In those cases you should change your filter because it is probably close to capacity.

I am not saying you should do the same, I am just stating what you could do. I will probably wait until I hit 6K before I add the autorx, but I've got $50 worth of oil in the sump.

Beauty...first time using this stuff so I want to do it right the first time. Thanx.

ARX can dislodge quite a bit of debris, depending on the engine. A good filter with plenty of capacity is preferred.

Unless you have reason to believe otherwise, it is unlikely that your present filter has captured much dirt on just 160 miles. So you can likely use it with 99% confidence. Same with the oil.

But if you need 100% confidence, then spend the extra $5 and slap on a new filter. You're already spending for the ARX and a fill of short OCI oil plus filter for the rinse. Remember, use dino for the rinse.

I am not too sure if my engine design (5.4l modular) are prone to sludging, more or less this is a preventative measure and to ensure a good running motor. I am currently using a MC filter which i know is a great product and have quite the extensive stash of Castrol GTX in my garage so looks like the ARX is a perfect candidate to try out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back