FI cleaners: what type of driving do they work best with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Straight high-speed highway driving, or city/stop'n'go driving?

I've heard the ideal is a mix of both; you want some stop'n'go or city driving to get lots of the product into the cylinders to 'soak' into the deposits, and then a good highway blast to 'blow them out'.

Is adding this product before a long highway trip then a waste, b/c it will just burn throught he engine too fast to do anything, or will the high fuel speed throught the injectors and the high cc temps help burn deposits out more effectively?

Any thoughts on this?

THey work best with Italian tune-ups.
grin.gif

Actually many shorter trips, where the engine can 'hot soak'. Running it all through at once or quickly won't have the best beneficial effects.

I just drive like I normally do with FI cleaner. I drive 15 miles or so to school with both city and highway, it stays parked for a few hours then right back. I do other short trips(under 10 miles both ways).

I just ran through a tank of Chevron Techron and then a tank of Gumout in the clear bottle with gold fluid and it cleaned a good amount of the carbon and burned on oil. I drive at least 90% highway miles and I basically gave it the Italian tune up at every stop sign and stop light and it cleaned things out pretty well.

I was a bit weary with the Chevron Techron as it made my engine ping pretty bad under acceleration which went away when the gas tank was filled with fresh gas after the techron tank was almost empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back