Auto-RX and Auto Tranny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone tried using ARX as a maintenance dose for the auto tranny? How did it go?
Thinking of using a oz of ARX as a maintenance dose with the ATF.

tseusus,

Add 6 ounces of Auto-Rx to existing transmission fluid. Drive 1000 miles and than go to Jiffy Lube and have T-Tec machine clean out old contaminated fluid and refill with new transmission fluid (no additional additives needed) your done.

No need for maintenace dose in transmission it is a sealed unit and once cleaned with Auto-Rx new transmission fluid(baseically hydraulic oil + mfg's additive package) will do fine.

I cleaned a 95 Ford E4OD (175k) w/ ARX for 1500 mi before a fluid change. That was 5000-6000 mi ago. No problems so far. The new fluid still looks and smells new.

Hi Guys, thanks for the replies. And thanks Frank for chipping in.
I do know the standard usage for ARX with the Tranny.

However my actual question is can I adopt a maintenance dose if so desired. Frank, you know the ARX chemistry best.
I have actually put in 2/3 Oz ARX to mix with my ATF. Can I keep it in there without flushing out?

I was running Amsoil ATF at 30K intervals on my oil F350 Powerchoke (with E40D). Fluid was red and smelled like new at 30K miles.

Oil is a carrier only for Auto-Rx the thin viscosity of hydraulic oil dictates how much Auto-Rx is needed for cleaning. Clean metal in both engine and transmission along with seal reconditioning is optimum use of Auto-Rx.

You have effectively created an on goining friction reducer. Transmission will have no drag due to dirt etc.
Please post your mpg and performance when able.

ps. You must be a chemist to compute the amount you are using ? Do not add any more as your at correct ratio for your purpose.

Frank, thanks for the extra info. I'm not a chemist but just wanted to test out a small dose.
I had wanted to do half an oz with the ATF but finally settle for the two third Oz. So I happen to hit the right amount? That's cool. Care to share the exact ratio?

I've just added half an oz into my power steering as well for the same purpose. Is this also the right ratio or I can add in slightly more.

Thanks Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back