Auto-RX questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading thru some of the posts for Auto-RX and even the website. Sounds to me like most of you experience awesome results with this stuff and i am wanting to try it on my 2000 Chrysler sebring LXI. For some reaso i cant really follow the directions i read too well and im wondering if someone could really spell it out for me, do i add a bottle of this stuff to existing oil or do i change the oil first then add this? and what after? im kinda confused by what i've read to do with it especially the "rinse" phase i really dont understand that, can anyone give me some detailed instructions? thanks!
cheers.gif

welcome.gif

You can use Auto-rx with your existing oil if it does not contain esters. However, since this is your first post you might not know what I am talking about. Here is a simplified version.

Go to an autoparts store and buy some conventional (non synthetic) oil for your car and an oil filter.

Change you oil and filter and add the Auto-rx (2oz for every quart of oil).

Drive your car 1,500 miles

Change the oil and oil filter. Refill using non synthetic oil once again.

Drive you car for 2,000 miles.

Change the oil and oil filter. You are now free to use any oil you like.

Use a 3oz maintaince dose to keep you engine clean.

Adding to existing oil is ok if you have 1500mi or more to left on your existing OCI and you change the filter when you add the ARX at 2 oz per qt of oil capacity. I usually wait until I'm w/i 1500 and add or wait until my next OCI.

If you have syn in it won't clean as effectively but I'm quessing you are under 100K mi so
even if you had syn I wouldn't dump it ahead of you planned OCI.

im at about 90k right now, and those are some good directions ssdude, thanks for helping a noob
smile.gif
but a conventional oil, what is good to use for both while the auto rx is in there and the rinse phase?

Check with tech from the vendor of the oil you select that it has no ester. Personally I wouldn't want any PAO content either. And of course straight dino for the rinse phase.

a lot of that doesnt make sense to me, sorry im dumb, but what is an oil i can get that doesnt contain any of that?

Just buy the motor oil at the store that is less than $2 a bottle. Most synthetics and oils with fancy additives that would compete with AutoRx are most likely more expensive than that. Frank has experience with Castrol GTX. I'm using discount FormulaShell. ($1.20 per quart) Just the cheapest I could find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back