Wix 51334XP VS Fram Ultra 9688

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have both in my stash the xp is a napa platinum same filter as far as i know what would would say is the better or preferred filter for a 10k oci with amsoil xl as dar as efficiency, capacity and build quality.

Last edited:
Virtually a toss up IMO although the Fram likely has the edge in filtering efficiency since the Ultra runs 99%. Frankly 10k would probably be under utilizing either one of them.

I agree with KC, Purolator Pure 1 is good for 8-12k OCI. For 15k or longer then either Wix XP or Fram Ultra or Napa platinum will be needed.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
I agree with KC, Purolator Pure 1 is good for 8-12k OCI. For 15k or longer then either Wix XP or Fram Ultra or Napa platinum will be needed.

I wish i could use a pure one but ive tried and i get a bad valvetrain noise with them the synthetic filters flow a little better to my understanding and i tend not to get valve tic with them.

A total toss up; both are way more capable than the 10k miles you're going to put them through.

Construction is nearly identical; silicone ADBV, wire backed syn media, premium build with robust materials, high holding capacity, etc.

Any UOA data or PC data you could find by using either of these would be well within the "normal" deviation of typical use, and would indicate they are statistically the same. While the lab efficiency ratings (of which Wix has become quite evasive in posting recently) may favor one over the other, the real world use will not reveal any difference; they are both premium products. Any difference would only be attributed to daily variation and not performance potential.

It simply won't matter, except in your head. The engine will not be able to distinguish any difference whatsoever.

Total overkill for your intended OCI, but as BOF would say, that's the U'Mericun way ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back