Another Auto-RX story

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few months ago I purchased 3 bottles of Auto-RX. My motivation for this was the leaking power steering pump on my '88 Civic. I was losing about a pint of fluid every 2-3 weeks. I added a couple of ounces of the magic juice and after two weeks, no more leak.
smile.gif

I added 6 oz. with my last oil change - motor only had 89K at the time. The motor is smoother running and my fuel mileage has increased 10-15%. My commute is just over 5 miles with an occasional freeway run. Today I am going to change the oil and start the rinse phase.

My investment of three bottles has been well worth the price, even though I have two bottles left over. Now I need to find another vehicle that I can use this stuff on!
lol.gif

Auto-Rx cleans contaminants down and into the surface of the oil lubricated rotating parts (you now have a surface) which will reduce friction (drag) when oil is applied.

All oil lubricated parts have from the factory a designation called "Mean Time Before Failure" of the part. This calculation is from metal use-contamination-oil cleanliness to name a few criteria.

Auto-Rx will extend that MTBF equation by simply cleaning and go on Auto-Rx Maintenace Plan.

No chemistry can repair boken parts.

Auto-Rx can alter the effects of wear for the above reasons. Once the metal is clean it will go back to OEM Tolerances (worn or not) you already know Auto-Rx cleans ring packs while you drive thereby restoring compression and upping efficency of your combustion.

Gas Prices keep going up Auto-Rx guarantees you satisfied results or N/C I know my chemistry and so do most of you. Thank You

I ordered Auto-RX on the suggestion of a friend, and found it really helped my '03 Toyota Avalon. I found I got better MPG and my car ran like new again. Ended up buying a bottle for my 4 grown kids all had used cars, they said they noticed a big difference in their cars as well as improved MPG. With today's gas prices, the price of a bottle is worth the investment at the gas pump!

Parts do not in and of themselves have an MTBF. Systems have an MTBF, which is based upon catastrophic failure, not slow degradation in performance (unless you consider the time it takes to reach some threshhold value), the way an automobile engine sees.

So I cann B.S. on that statement.

That said, in some situations, Auto RX can have extrordinary capability for cleaning or operational improvement. Sometimes it takes a long while... my BMW got ARX last summer, it had a rinse phase and then another oil change. Only the last few tanks have I noticed a statistically significant change in fuel economy... and just so nobody calls ** on me... those tanks were using WINTER GAS!

ZB11: do you keep a log of fuel economy, or how have you determined that you are getting 10-15% better fuel economy, and that this is statistically significant in change? Not that I dont believe you... its just that there are too many claims that arent backed up with real mathematics.

JMH

I have not kept exact track on fuel economy. My commute is mostly city streets with an occasional freeway run. This car (which unfortunately is an automatic) is used for only work commuting or an errand when my wife has the other car. I would normally go 200-230 miles between fills, now it is 250-270 - usually about 10 gallons. My 10-15% estimate was conservative and I had no extrodinary expectations for an increase in MPG. I was just happy that my PS leak was cured.

I am talking about power steering units-oil pumps-etc,etc they all have predetermined failure rates. Auto-Rx will extend the life of all oil lubricated units if they are not broken to begin with.

We do it in the printing industry every day by keeping gear boxes-compressors clean so oil can lubricate them and in the event of a catasrophic oil loss thus causing immeadiate excessive high temperature provide extra protection and thereby many times saving the unit.

BTW - not to hijack this thread, but since Frank and dbdeland are both reading it... we inplemented the ARX in my fiancee's mother's sludemonster camry, that sees SEVERE service in the USVI.

Significant improvement has been reported with no smoking or consumption since doing ARX treatment... This is using texaco ursa 15w-40 for all phases and since (it was used before, but would still smoke and whatnot). This is now over multiple OCIs, and lots of very hilly, high load miles.

ARX did its job there!

JMH

zb11,

With gas prices going up perhaps you should think about the 3oz Auto-Rx at each oil change as a preventive maintenance program good luck.

Daryl

zb11,

Thanks for posting. It's nice to hear about ARX on older civics. Like yourself, I'm tempted to buy another car so i can use more ARX.

AutoRx on my 4rth generation 4 door Civic was great (you have a 4rth generation also). There must be others out there which could be "enhanced" or "tuned up" simply by using an ARX treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back