Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S vs. BFG Super Sport A/S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too many tires available in 195/60-14

I know that Goodyear owns BF Goodrich, so they're about the same in quality

Does anyone here think they're pretty much the same tire with a slightly different tread pattern?

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
Not too many tires available in 195/60-14

I know that Goodyear owns BF Goodrich, so they're about the same in quality

Does anyone here think they're pretty much the same tire with a slightly different tread pattern?

WRONG, BF Goodrich is now owned by Michelin. Both tires have "checking" (cracking of sidewalls) with age. I took my BF Goodrich tires back to dealer and he told me it is the chemicals and molding technique that they use, and it is not a safety defect.

I think both Goodyear and BF Goodrich are good tires, I have used them on multiple vehicles over the years with no complaints.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Corvette Owner

WRONG, BF Goodrich is now owned by Michelin.

Whoops! I did know that, just a senseless typo and now I can't edit. How did I make that mistake?

Yeah that's what I meant, BF Goodrich being owned by Michelin, Super SPort vs the Exaltos, same company similar tread and performance category, I was thinking same tire too.

ALL tires have those sidewall cracks with age, which is why you shouldn't use tires more than 10 years old. Sometimes they say as little as six years, but you can usually get away with 10 years.

I've had great luck with the Michelin Primacy MXV4, the best tire any amount of money can buy. Of COURSE they crack after 10 years, like any tire, but they still have plenty of tread remaining.

My BF Goodrich tires started cracking after 4-5 years.

I also thought that you might have made a typo, since the two tires were made by the same company.

I love the Michelin Latitude tires on my new Enclave and also on my daughter's Chevy Equinox, very smooth riding tires. I would put them on my Murano. Pretty expensive at over $200 per tire though !

Last edited:
Not particularly similar. I have the michelins in that size on my BMW and have been very happy with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back