Quiet tire???

Status
Not open for further replies.
looking for my next set of tires, dont like the firestone on my cruse.

I want a comfortable ride, and quiet, good in rain also.

size is 215/60/16

BTW, I had TOYO ECLIPSE BEFORE, RELLY QUIET RIDE!

As much as I've disliked Goodyear's in the past, I'm currently running a set of Goodyear Assurance Comfortred Touring's on my ES right now in the same size of tires you are looking at. And, it's an excellent tire. Extremely quiet, no road noise although a lot of that is because of the excellent noise cancellation of the car. The ride is great as is light snow traction.

The Michelin Primacy MXV4 i am currently running on my Sentra are the best set of tires i have ever had. No noise on the road, excellent rain traction, with no problems last winter in the small amount of snow that became packed ice we had. Highly reccomend them. They do come in the size you require also, wear is very good and uniform across the tread.

Last edited:
+1 worth the extra cost.

Originally Posted By: 4ever4d
The Michelin Primacy MXV4 i am currently running on my Sentra are the best set of tires i have ever had. No noise on the road, excellent rain traction, with no problems last winter in the small amount of snow that became packed ice we had. Highly reccomend them. They do come in the size you require also, wear is very good and uniform across the tread.

Originally Posted By: wolf_06

size is 215/60/16

The Hankook Optimo H727 is exactly what you want for an ultra quiet, smooth riding, and comfortable tire. Hankook is offering a $50 rebate on a set of four H727's thru June 30th. By the way it has great wet/dry traction and is rated for 100,000 miles!

Hankook Optimo H727 @ Tire Rack

size is 215/60/16

Consumer Reports test tires in your exact size(215-60-16) and here is much to choose from. The Tire Rack test tires in 205-55-16. Find their reports and narrow down your choices based on exactly what your criteria is.

There are many smooth/quiet and good riding tires available with good hydroplaning resitance but, you may want more than just those attributes. Do you want better handling, better snow/ice traction as well? There are tires for this too!

With my personal experience from:

Good/Year Assurance Comfort Tread(G/Y ACTs)

Hankook Optimo H727(H727's)

Pirelli P4(P4's)

Cooper CS4(CS4's) and I just got'em the other day and will never see any winter though, they rate well in snow/ice

I like them all and they're all good highly rated/scoring tires that are smooth & quiet riding with good hydroplaning resistance. All do well in the snow/ice too.

You can almost never go wrong with Michelin Tires though, I haven't bought Michelin in years. But, I like'em too!

Originally Posted By: Char Baby

size is 215/60/16

Consumer Reports test tires in your exact size(215-60-16) and here is much to choose from. The Tire Rack test tires in 205-55-16. Find their reports and narrow down your choices based on exactly what your criteria is.

There are many smooth/quiet and good riding tires available with good hydroplaning resitance but, you may want more than just those attributes. Do you want better handling, better snow/ice traction as well? There are tires for this too!

With my personal experience from:

Good/Year Assurance Comfort Tread(G/Y ACTs)

Hankook Optimo H727(H727's)

Pirelli P4(P4's)

Cooper CS4(CS4's) and I just got'em the other day and will never see any winter though, they rate well in snow/ice

I like them all and they're all good highly rated/scoring tires that are smooth & quiet riding with good hydroplaning resistance. All do well in the snow/ice too.

You can almost never go wrong with Michelin Tires though, I haven't bought Michelin in years. But, I like'em too!
i dont do winter driving with all seasons, i put winter tires on. I was looking for the yokohaamas avid touring S, apparently an excellent tire.

One thing to keep in mind is avoid the directional tires. If anything does get noisy you can cross rotate to even out wear.

TR recommended the primacy MXV4 when I called them with that size on my car. I wanted good wet, quiet, smooth, handling, life in that order. Snow didn't matter as I run snows. They recommended the MXV4 over the turanza serenity plus and any others.

Originally Posted By: Sequoiasoon
One thing to keep in mind is avoid the directional tires. If anything does get noisy you can cross rotate to even out wear.

TR recommended the primacy MXV4 when I called them with that size on my car. I wanted good wet, quiet, smooth, handling, life in that order. Snow didn't matter as I run snows. They recommended the MXV4 over the turanza serenity plus and any others.

I agree! For normal traveling, I prefer to stay away from directional tires. Even though I prefer to rotate my tires from front to back on the same side of the vehicle over the life of the tire, I still want the choice to move the tires to the other side of the vehicle should need be.

I've had too many broken/slipped belts on tires over the years(even the newer tires of today) as for what I believe is from, side to side or "X" rotations. I still believe in keeping the tires going in one rotation even though the tire mfg's say we can do otherwise.

When I keep my rotations from Front-Back, I personaly have had much, much better success in keeping my tires to the end of their life
smile.gif
This may not be the optimal way of rotating our tires but, it works better for me in the long run.

As Char Baby noted, Consumer Reports did test all season tires in this exact size. The top two tires were the Michelin Defender and Continental ProContact EcoPlus, and both scored "Very Good" for noise. Only one tire scored "Excellent" for noise, the Yokohama Avid Ascend, but it didn't score as well in some of the other objective performance categories, so it finished further down the list. The Yokohama Avid Touring-S was also tested, but finished even further down the list (in the last third) but it did score "Very Good" for noise.

I'd say that either of the top two scoring tires, the Michelin Defender and the Continental ProContact EcoPlus, will provide the "best value" in terms of good objective performance as well as low noise.

The Michelin Defender's have just entrerd our circle(family/friends) of the many top scoring tires our group of folks have purchaced. We all try to stay with the higher scoring/rated tires by the testing facilities/organizations as well as each family's personal criteria and, we've done well in doing so.

With 5K miles on the Defender's(Pontiac Grand Prix w/225-60-16), this friend is very happy thus far but, not much else to go on til more miles accumulate and different weather conditions arise.

I can't comment enough on how happy we all(most of us)are with our tire choices these days as there are many very good tires to choose from more than ever before. A little searching and some education will put most folks in the perfect tire for their needs and hopefully at reasonable prices.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hypervish
As much as I've disliked Goodyear's in the past, I'm currently running a set of Goodyear Assurance Comfortred Touring's on my ES right now in the same size of tires you are looking at. And, it's an excellent tire. Extremely quiet, no road noise although a lot of that is because of the excellent noise cancellation of the car. The ride is great as is light snow traction.

I'm on my second set of Goodyear Assurance ComforTred Touring tires. Quiet and smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back