lucas gas treatment vs gumout regane

Status
Not open for further replies.
iv been using lucas gas treatment for a while now, and noticed it makes my engine quiter, and smoother to run. as for cleanig i dunno though. ive read MANY good posts, and reviews about gumouts regane! whats everyones opinion or fact, about both, compared in terms, of reliable effectivness? i mean, if you really wnated to go with one or the other, which would you choose, and why?

I think if you use Lucas UCL (or FP60) every tank there's no need for a cleaner like Regane/Techron as the UCL/FP will keep the fuel system clean.

If you have a car with an unknown history, throw in a tank of Regane and then switch to an every tank product to keep it clean.

Regane can be free after rebate at Advance Auto, so that can also help the decision.

I think the two products perform mainly different functions. The Regane is for really cleaning a dirty fuel system, and in my experience it is effective doing it. The Lucas is an UCL that also cleans, but has less cleaning ability than Regane. But it will help keep a clean system that way. I personally use both (along with Techron and MMO). The Regane/Techron are about every 3000-5000 miles, whereas Lucas and MMO can be used every tank for their lubricating properties. Within those two groups of products, I use whatever I have on hand or is on sale.

Dave

Lucas UCL is on sale as CSK right now (at least in my area) $6 for a qt, is a pretty dang good price.
 -

and I've found UCL to give better MPG than FP60 for less $$. http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=004632

Surfstar; try going to a truck stop and buying the Lucas UCL in the gallon containers. It will work out to less than $6/qt, is my guess (and experience).

Truck stops are our friend!

So its less than $24 a gallon at truck stops? I would only pass by one on a road trip, there aren't any stops around here. I'll try to remember next time I'm driving by one.

AA was closing our the gallon sizes about a month ago of the Lucas UCL. 50% off so they were probably getting 10-12 dollars for the gallons. Stuff looked it had been around for awhile though..very dark honey colored..not like the smaller bottles. didn't want to take a chance but maybe color doesn't mean anything?

Goose
patriot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back