Techron to Regane....how long should I wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently bought a car with over 211,000 miles on it. After changing the oil+filter and the air/fuel filters, I picked up some "Techron Concentrate Plus Fuel System Cleaner". Added it to a very low tank, and filled up with 11 gallons of gas(the bottle treats up to 12 gallons). So if anything, I probably UNDERdosed the stuff.

Either way, I am seeing a very noticable difference in MPG, so I guess it must be dirty in there.

I'm about to be done with this tank of Techron-enhanced gas, and was wondering how long I should wait before adding the Gumout Regane? Thanks.

No reason to wait. On the other hand, if your injectors are now clean (IF), then there is no reason to keep cleaning.

Thanks guys. Trust me, I am aware of Auto-RX! haha

I definitely plan to get enough to do the double-rinse, and would like to try some out in my clutch and diff fluids. Seems like some good stuff. *Edit* And also, I am very interested to try both Lube Control and Fuel Power.

Thanks again.

[ April 17, 2006, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Zesty ]

I would just dump in the Regane, the techron bottle even says a second treatment may be needed for a full clean in a very dirty system. Personally I like Regane MUCH better than Techron, it gives a bit more of a kick you can feel when driving I think.

^yes you are 100% correct. I was actually more worried about the Regane than the Techron, seeing as how most people suggest against using the Regane more than every 3000 miles.

The Regane will be going in next fill-up. Thanks.

I was just reading over the bottles I have, Regane is more bang for your buck to.

As Wallyworld Regane is 5.32 for 12 oz, its treats up to 21 gallons of fuel

Techron at the same size(12oz) is 6.12, and treats only 12 gallons.
I have used Regane in 2 tankfuls and didnt notice any damage however there also seemed to be no gain from using it either. Everytime I have used it, it has only required one tankful to do its work.
smile.gif

Yes you are also right about the potency psudaytona. I bought the Techron just because I knew I needed some FI cleaner, I heard it was good/safe, and it was on sale.....but still it was $6 and only treated 12 gallons, while the Regane is also $6 but not even on sale, and treats up to 21 gallons.

I definitely plan on doing a double Auto-RX rinse cycle. Then I would like to try some LC out on a maintenance dose, and I figure I may as well order some FP while I'm at it to save on shipping. To be 100% honest, if I had the money I would have boughten mass quantities of all 3 by now! All look like very interesting products. Thanks.

I agree with Groucho.
I run 5oz of FP60 with every 20gal fill up.

The old GMC 350cu in. is still running like new with almost 210K miles.

Been running the FP60 since I hit the 102K mile mark.

I will admit I do once every 2 months drop a bottle of Tech in. Just for Chits and Giggles.

The 88' 350cu in. is still running strong and smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back