LC in power steering system

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dosage I've read from Terry Dyson and from Molakuke is...

"For power steering systems, 0.5 oz. or 15 cc. Check Power Steering oil level and do not overfill. Check when Power Steering Pump is hot."

I've never tested this product in a power steering system, so I can't give you any first hand experience, but from what I've read it's supposed to soften and dissolve carbonaceous deposits without causing harm to seals, hoses, etc, in addition to reducing oxidation, provide extra lubricity, rust control, etc.

I run an ounce in the PS of several vehicles I may have in service at any given time. My rationale is the PS is not a high-maintenance (i.e. regular or even annual flush-change) item. So I use the LC to hopefully extend the life of the fluid until I get around to changing it, whenever that might be.

Also, I run a slightly higher concentration (1.5 ounces) for a 1,000 miles or so in an old used vehicle I've just acquired as a cleaning cycle. Then I change it out and forget about it for a few years.

I am running 1 oz of LC in the PS right now, only because it was much easier to get LC than trying to get ARX over here (long story). I did some suck and drains on the PS system, until the fluid looked reddish again, then put in almost 1 oz of LC. I will check it every few weeks, and probably suck and fill in a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back