NAPA Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can it be said that a NG filter is equivalent or better than a P1? And, is equivalent to a MC, but with a coil spring instead of a leaf spring, but costs more?
21.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcJ0pp2pneY&feature=player_embedded

Yes! All of that can be said.

But, it may or may not be factual. A good place to start might be to provide accurate efficiency ratings of the filter media from all of those.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
A good place to start might be to provide accurate efficiency ratings of the filter media from all of those.

Yeah, that probably would be the most important fact here.

NG is a black Wix or CarQUest Blue. Look in Wix's website and check the specs against the Gold. Silver, of course is the cheaper line and I am not sure where to find those spec's. The NG is a very good filter and every bit as good (or better than a P1). From all the filters I have cut open, it is hard to beat up a WIX too bad in PC's and Light trucks.

The P1 is more efficient, as most of their filters are 99.9% at 20 Mu. Many of the Napa Golds are 95% efficient at 21 mu. Construction wise I give it to the Napa Gold.

The Wix / Napa Golds are really, really well built filters, meaning sturdy. Their efficiency is mediocre relatively speaking but I don't know that is really an issue, I believe most of them are in the low 90's.

I have had problems with their ADBV's though, especially the thread end bypass ones.

I am using a cartridge Napa Gold in our KIA though and it's great. Who needs OEM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back