B12 Chemtool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!

Where can I get B12 Chemtool in Canada? According to posts here, this seems to be a very effective fuel injector cleaner. Even Canadian Tire have no clue... I contacted some vendors in the U.S. and they say they don't ship that stuff here because it is considered harmful chemicals? Any idea?

Thanks..
ekw0

well, I'm disappointed at them because I haven't received a response from them to my email (Midwayautosupply) 2nd, according to their shipping calculator if I purchase let's say: 1 can of B12 @ 6.50$ shipping would cost 10X the price at 60$ to have it shipped here. I'm starting to think that this quest to purchase B12 is out of my reach. Buying from Ebay would be out of the question. I've tried some other competitor injector cleaners with no positive effects. Last resort could be to drive down the border & purchase some (case of 12) but I don't think coming back the guys at Canadian Customs would let me get thru. Help Help.....

newbie from Canada trying to get B12
dunno.gif

ekw0

Have you tried Berryman's Injector Cleaner? It's not as strong as their Chemtool (it comes in a plastic jug), but it has served me well for years.

quote:

Originally posted by ekw0:
well, I'm disappointed at them because I haven't received a response from them to my email (Midwayautosupply) 2nd, according to their shipping calculator if I purchase let's say: 1 can of B12 @ 6.50$ shipping would cost 10X the price at 60$ to have it shipped here. I'm starting to think that this quest to purchase B12 is out of my reach. Buying from Ebay would be out of the question. I've tried some other competitor injector cleaners with no positive effects. Last resort could be to drive down the border & purchase some (case of 12) but I don't think coming back the guys at Canadian Customs would let me get thru. Help Help.....

newbie from Canada trying to get B12
dunno.gif

ekw0

]

I can get it for $1.99 a can here, but I'm not trying to rub it in. Like jimfulco said, Berryman's injector cleaner is pretty good stuff also.

Can you get Seafoam? It's just as good or maybe even better than B12 IMO.

Actually, it seems that NO ONE carries Berryman products in Canada, much less Seafoam. Can anyone here confirm this? My previous post I mentioned that (Midwayautosupply) carry Berryman's and seems to ship to Canada but if I was to purchase 1 can 6.50$ then shipping would cost me ~60$ (UPS with box tracking). I dunno about US Mail cuz might get seized by Customs & they don't have box tracking).

Perhaps some of you might know a place that sells this stuff near Plattsburgh, NY that ships to Canada where shipping cost is not insane.

Really need this stuff to clean out my injectors to restore fuel economy/improve idling since gas is getting expensive lately. Also been using Auto-RX to clean my engine (now 1st rinse phase) with good results.

thanks,
ekw0

What brands of injector cleaner do they have in your local stores? Tell us what is available and we can commont on how well they do. I like Berryman, but there are others I like better. My two favorites are Chevron Techron and Red Line SI-1. Valvoline Synpower comes up there close too.

quote:

Big Jim
Member # 5105 - posted April 17, 2006 10:02 AM

What brands of injector cleaner do they have in your local stores? Tell us what is available and we can commont on how well they do.

Well, the usual Canadian Tire FI cleaner (comes in a metal can - mostly petroleum distillates), STP (tried 2 bottles, didn't notice anything), Penzoil (don't remember the name - comes in black,red & yellow plastic bottles), Kleen-FLO TKO 2000 (guys at the auto-parts stores said it's good, but I didn't believe them because they don't even carry B12, FP, Seafoam).

That's all I remember. Since I'm a newbie
confused.gif
and don't shop around for this stuff all the time, reading thru the BITOG forums helps me decide which product is good for the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back