gunk gas treatment, interesting..

Status
Not open for further replies.
i bought a red bottle of gunk gas treatment, last week, for my 95 neon. ive used almost all brands of gas treamtents, fuel additives, ect avaialibel over the past few years,a nd after using gunk, i was amazied to see how well my car ran!! engine noise stopped, lifter nise stopped, and increased some mileage/power! no other additive did it for me like this! however, i read sci fi mans article here, baout gunk also possibly turning the nylon sock on fuel pump. i think it really does wonders, cleans good! jsuck that it also probably decomposes the nylon though
frown.gif
anyone else ever use/have problems maybe, with GUNK gas treatment?

"engine noise stopped, lifter nise stopped"

You did put it in the fuel tank right?
wink.gif

I don't think you'll damage anything by running it at the recommneded interval and dosage.

I believe this stuff is the same as the STP Gas Tmt. Red bottles. I too experienced improved overall engine operation.

However, as will all products you need to continue it's use. Hence, it began to become expensive and required an inventory of red bottles in the trunk.

Cheaper and cleaner solution is FP. One bottle, and cheaper per tmt. allowing use all the time. Also, proven/approved here on the board....unlike 'those' products that are what...kerosene/toluene?

no, lol didnt use in my crankcase, only in feul fill hole: ) i belive its related to stp gas treatment, but with stp i got moderate gains, with GUNK i got REALLY good gains! i am gunna try berryman b 12 chemttol in a ca... it also lists toluene as an ingridient. i know yeah it oes get pricy fast though...
think lucas or FP 60 are the same/similar?

I think after running a tank or two of cleaner like you've done, its good to use UCL or FP60 every tank to keep the fuel system clean and lubricated. You should get a big enough increase in MPG to pay for either product, as they are quite econimical to use each tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back