Napa Pro Select

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was given a few Napa Pro Select oil filters.Part number 21085 for Chrysler products. It does not appear to have a bypass valve.Are these decent filters for 5K?

Last edited:
For 5K, yes. I have used them for that interval with no problems. Do understand though they are the "entry level" basic NAPA filter, now known as NAPA Silver. Nothing wrong with them, just very basic. Defintely use them for 5K.

I used to use the 21085 on my Dakota on every oil change. It will do a good job for a normal OCI but I never ran mine over 3,000 miles. The Carquest Red Label filters are also the same as the old ProSelect. Both are made by Wix to Napa/Carquest's specs and are good filters. Use either one with complete confidence.

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
For 5K, yes. I have used them for that interval with no problems. Do understand though they are the "entry level" basic NAPA filter, now known as NAPA Silver. Nothing wrong with them, just very basic. Defintely use them for 5K.

Napa ProSelect are NOT the same as the Silver filters. Both the ProSelect and Silver filters are still sold and they're different from each other. ProSelect filters are the cheapest filters sold by Napa, Silver filters are a step above them and are slightly better (not sure of the exact differences).

Originally Posted By: Lubener
It does not appear to have a bypass valve.

Might have the combo ADBV/by-pass valve setup, which would make it look like it doesn't have a by-pass valve. Personally, I don't like the combo valve.
sick.gif

Originally Posted By: exranger06

Napa ProSelect are NOT the same as the Silver filters. Both the ProSelect and Silver filters are still sold and they're different from each other.

NOT at my NAPA.

I was told by the counter guy PS is now NS. They have consolidated their lines.

Originally Posted By: exranger06

Napa ProSelect are NOT the same as the Silver filters. Both the ProSelect and Silver filters are still sold and they're different from each other.

NOT at my NAPA.

I was told by the counter guy PS is now NS. They have consolidated their lines.

I AM a counter guy at Napa. The Napa THAT I WORK AT sells both. The ProSelect is different than the Silver. Just because your local store chooses not to sell both doesn't mean the ProSelect no longer exists or is the same as the Silver.

Still not convinced? Go to napaonline.com and look up oil filters for your car. Bet you'll find both ProSelect AND Silver listed, with two different prices and two different part numbers. If they were really the same thing, they would've reused the same part number and the price would be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back