A/C job complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I finally got around to finishing the A/C in the Grand Am today. It was a good hot day and I'm pleased with it's performance! I didn't get any pics of the process, it was very dirty and it was hot. I got a few of the dividends of my work anyways.

I replaced the compressor, dryer and orofice tube. It was pretty easy and straight forward but I wouldn't want to do it again any time soon. Probably should have replaced the serpentine belt while I was there...

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
I have never thought about how cold the air coming out of the vents is. 38 seems really cold, is that normal?

That's about right.

Is it that cold on automatic systems? I thought they sort of moderated the temperature coming out of vent.

They do, but thats a manual control.
Often automatic systems have a override mode for checking operation or whatever, too. On mine it'll go down to 65F and then it will skip to 60F, which is full cold. IIRC, it goes to 85F then skips to 90F for full hot.
I still have to verify operation of my repairs. I mean, its blowing ice cubes out of the vents, but its also been 60-70F outside, so not really any load.

Last edited:
Now that temp reading is worth all the work you put into it.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back