Started AutoRx on a 1993 Lexus SC300 w 100k Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I just started my first AutoRx cleaning phase. Main reason is car has developed an annoying ticking noise. Most likely lifter noise and has started to burn some oil. Not much (about 1/2 quart every 4-5k miles), but its been solid for its entire service life so far. I just hit 100k and thought why not. I maintain it well with regular OCI using synthetic oil since 30k miles. The black spots on top are puddles of oil, not deposits. I can't imagine AutoRx getting this any cleaner.
smile.gif

-

I did 2 A/rx clean and rinse cycles on my 92 toyota v6 pickup that looked as clean as your engine ,the Ar/x made the engine idle smoother and the mpg increased to like new.

If it increases my mpg, that would be great, although the biggest obstacle to that seems to be my right foot.
smile.gif
If I can get the 1/2 quart oil use down I'll be happy. I don't know when the ticking developed, but it's been with me for a while now. If that goes away, bonus!

Eventhough it looks clean, I'm going to do the full 100k miles procedure and do 2 ARX cleaning phases.

I drive the same car/engine use 89 octane gas and Auto-Rx Maintenace Plan.I love this car and it has 179,000 miles burns no oil and driven hard. My gas mileage in city driving is 16.5 mpg and highway 18.7 mpg (a/c on ) did two cleanings with ARX run Castrol GTX

Frank, nice to see a fellow SC300 owner. I agree, I love this car. 13 years and running strong. I tried numerous times to trade up or sell, and I just couldn't do it. It may be underpowered by today's standards, but its really fun to drive. A bit of relief that Mr. AutoRx has the same car as I do... Looks like I'll be asking you lots of questions...
smile.gif

The SC's are nice cars-luxury Supras really. I have an uncle who always drove Jags but got an SC and hasn't been willing to give it up. Oh and **** that's a clean engine.

Thanks. Actually, I think my car has aged better than I have!!

I would just keep doing what you are doing, but that is me. Add some LC20 from time to time and keep using sythetic oil.

Dino was used until around 30k miles. Various brands, but mostly Castrol. Then switched over to Mobil 1 (when I got my job and was able to afford synthethic
smile.gif
). It's been on a steady diet of M1 until around 80k. Then it's been Valvoline Maxlife Synthetic, Royal Purple, and most recently Castrol Syntec.

Seeing if the ARX will help with the lifter noise and the slight oil consumption.

Yeah, a couple times during the last 2 years. Both times mechanic and dealer stated everything was within tolerances. SO i'll give this a shot now.

Maybe give Lc20 a short first? I like this better since I do not have to go back to dino at some interval. So no switching brands and types with LC.

Just something to think about.

Well, already started ARX. So we'll see. It'll only be a short time on dino. I was hesitant to try some of the more quicker acting more volatile chemicals. I hadn't learned about LC until recently. ARX can't hurt.

Well, I'm now at over 800 miles on the first clean cycle. I started putting on a lot of miles, then the price of gas shot up like Katrina hit again, so it's slowed down a bit. ($60+ for a complete fill up sucks a$$). Anyway, I've experienced infrequent minor rough idles. The ticking noise has dimished a little at WOT, but still there. Not a drop of oil consumption, although its only 800 miles, so who knows. One thing I have noticed is how much more smoothly the engine revs. The RPMs have been all over the dial
smile.gif
. The engine just seems more responsive and smoother lately. On top of that, I've seriously noticed an mpg improvement. This is what shocks me the most. My driving habits have not changed. I do a lot more driving, but city:highway remains consistant. Compared to the same period last year, the improvement is real (this is including the fact that I did a major tune up of the car last summer). A total of 3.5 mpg improvement from last year (2 mpg improvement after tuneup). Going from a consistant 15mpg in 2005 to 18.5mpg now... I really wasn't expecting anything noticeable until maybe the rinse phase or the 2nd clean phase. Impressive. I drive it harder now and better economy? Best of both worlds. We'll see if this is an anomoly or real world improvements.

TOked, like you I found much better MPG on my '03 Toyota Avalon. After the clean and rinse part, my car started driving and handeling like it was new again. I liked it so much I ordered a bottle for each of my 4 grown kids, they had all bought used cars and had no idea of the matinance plans they had been on. Also talked a neighbor into a couple of bottles for their sludged up Toyota Camery that they spent a bunch of money on at the Dealership to remove the sludge. Which we all know will come back again, so far they have had no more problems, woo hoo.
I don't know anything about this LC, but I did notice it does not come with a money back guarantee like Auto-RX does. If you are going to spend any money to help your car run better, I would only reccomend a product that comes with a money back guarantee!
pat.gif

bfort44- You are incorrect here. LC or FP does come with a guarantee if that is important for you.

Also the odds of having sludge are slim to known if you follow the manual for dino oils or use a PAO or ester based oil.

mburnickas-- I'll be, they finally thought enought of their product to finally put a guarantee on it. Good for them. I will stand corrected.

To 97tbird, being a 62 year old widow I really know nothing about cars, but I do know my car ran like it was new, Don't ask me how or why as I don't know, it just did. Loved the better MPG. A friend suggested Auto-RX to me and I figured for $25.00, what did I have to lose, a small price to make my car run better. It was a total win-win situation for me...
cheers.gif

I have a Chrysler 2002 Town/Country with a 3.8 engine and 47,000 miles it was purchased in December 15, 2005 the engine is as clean as the engine in the above photo.
Before adding Auto-Rx my highway miles were 19.7 I added Auto-Rx the last week of January in March and the mpg was 21.5 on several occasions I have checked the mileage and it is always over 21 mpg. I added Auto-Rx to clean up the ring packs and any carbon if it had any. I have been hesitant to post the mpg until t0ked posted his mpg.

Daryl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back