Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I sold the following to lock in nice profits:

Most of my OAKBX, O in my IRA (kept it in my regular to fund early retirement), CAT, FTBFX & SPHIX.

ARRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

15.gif

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
If rates keep going up, REITs are going to get slaughtered even more, just like bonds funds will.

Yeah thinking it may be smart to start taking profits on cim and others. Arr is interesting from a valuation standpoint, but I'd probably keep my cash on the sidelines and see how it all pans out. I'd likely not sell my current arr position, which I think is n the black due to the div.

AGNC is getting trounced as well - wow!

IMHO..... Anyone looking for some return + a BIG bonus dividend, this & ARR may just be a consideration.

ARR and AGNC are just beat.

Market is about to choke another distribution day.

I've been a bit preoccupied lately and didn't sell out of TZA when the market rallied the other day and even forgot my stop, so I took it in the a.. BUT then yesterday happened and today and maybe even gold has some bottom and life....let's just say I had some very accidental insurance.

On the same token, IF, IF a meaningful correction were to start, enough so that it spooks traders back into treasuries and that blood bath stops, now could be a perfect time to buy REITS and lock in a great yield. I bought some AGNC and am not going to get too concerned with price fluctuations.

I hedged and sold the CIM that I bought at 2.22 to lock in profits at the 3.07 range (plus all the dividends Ive collected), and am holding onto others like ARR. Waiting to see if I want to double down ARR though. Im playing VE and LINE right now, and when they cycle back up and give me profits, Ill probably roll them into ARR.

Originally Posted By: Pablo

Yep... The Dow was as high as 95 points... but closed up 21.

Originally Posted By: Warstud

Have we seen this before?

Looked up a summary. Averaging 3K in dividends per month & am up 11% this year.

Not bad... eh?

Originally Posted By: Warstud

Have we seen this before?

Doesn't mean we crash and burn now. Just have to wait and see what the SPX does when it reaches the 1635-1640 area. GL

Yeah. Misjudged LINE apparently. Have some that I've held for a very long time, but was looking for a bounce off of bad news stories, because the chart looks okay... But looks like wrong place wrong time. Thinking I should sell a portion of line that I was trying to trade for a quick profit, I'll sit on the rest because I just have it for a long time and have gains on it. Just take the taxable loss to offset other gains and suited out for a while.

It's not looking good. I don't get many losers with the way I've been tracking but one taking a real dump. Time to dump it?

Originally Posted By: Turk

Not bad... eh?

Awesome. Do you reinvested dividends to grow it even more? I reinvest everything at this point hoping to get that added compounding for the long run. Nothing I have pays out so substantial dividend at anyone time to give me enough cash to buy another position in something else. maybe when I get to the 3000 per month point it will be different.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: Turk

Not bad... eh?

Awesome. Do you reinvested dividends to grow it even more? I reinvest everything at this point hoping to get that added compounding for the long run. Nothing I have pays out so substantial dividend at anyone time to give me enough cash to buy another position in something else. maybe when I get to the 3000 per month point it will be different.

Yep, I re-invest every dollar.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back