2013 6.7 F350 LE 5w40 4276mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. because of some lack of sleep and bad fundamental math skills I accidentally changed this oil about 3k before I intended to. Waste of money but oh well life goes on.

Interesting to note the fuel dilution. The VOA for this oil had 1.5% fuel dilution on its own and I suspect this number is high. Seems every vehicle I own/owned comes back from Polaris with high fuel dilution numbers
confused.gif

F350E1-E-A-279466-Sev3-001.jpg

Fuel Dilution is the result of city driving and short drives. How often does your truck Regen? Long Highway drives is best for the truck, this way if it does go into a Regen you will burn off the excess fuel before you stop and shut it down.

Most likely your truck is "Making Oil" due to the short drives and frequent Regen's. My truck got up to 4% Fuel Dilution before I Tuned & Deleted the DPF/EGR. I suggest you get a H&S MinniMaxx and 4-5" Exhuast, If you plan to keep your truck for the long haul.

I do many long drives in a typical cycle so short tripping is not the problem, For example I put 3k miles on my truck in the last 7 days and I frequently have trips of 50 miles or more. In addition if it is making oil it is not showing on the dip stick.

Regens about every 400-600 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back