SynGard lubricants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win

Has anybody used this line of engine oils?

Tonight, I was looking at the Synthetic Blends SM/GF-4, Starburst and Donut, API marks. A 5 qt jug of 5/30 is $12.69. A 5 qt jug of 10/30 is $12.49.

The product data sheet is here:

http://www.crossoil.com/lib/docs/pds/PDSSyntheticBlendPCMOSMSynGard.pdf

The manufacturer suggests it is a 5000-7500 mile oil, which looks reasonable. I think these SM oils are being moved out to make way for the SN Dexos 1 variant.

With the obscene price of engine oil lately, I thought I might bulk up my stash with 10 gallons or so of this. Only our G8 and Torrent see more than 3000 miles in a year.

I was a little surprised to see these are blended and packaged somewhat locally; after Citgo absorbed Cato Oil and Grease (Mystik), I thought regional oils were extinct around here.

why not? Give the local guy some business and its not like youre going to be stressing the oils with your use...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
why not? Give the local guy some business and its not like youre going to be stressing the oils with your use...

+1

Dan, living in Winnipeg, did you get it at Oil Mart? You guys have two locations; we used to have one but not anymore.

Their latest flyer shows $32.99 for a case of six single quarts of 0w-20, 5w-20, 5w-30, and 10w-30. The 5w-30 is officially dexos1 licensed, too, for those to whom that matters.

I run syngard 5W40 in my 2002 Excursion 7.3L Powerstroke and I am happy with it. I buy it in the 20L pail I go through lots of it considering an oil change on a 7.3 is around 15L.

Yes their HDEO 5W-40 looks to be a decent oil with it's 183 VI.

I do like the PCMO 0W-20 with it's 220 VI.

Unfortunately SynGard is not available in Ontario or I would look into the oil more closely.

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
Unfortunately SynGard is not available in Ontario or I would look into the oil more closely.

Check out Oil Mart. You can easily find their site by Google. They used to service Regina, but don't any longer. They do service Manitoba and parts of Ontario, so you may get lucky.

The SynGard oils were discussed in this more recent thread:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...rue#Post2750008

I did check with SynGard in Arkansas to see if they have distributor in Southern Ontario (they don't) and with Oil Mart and they don't either. Oil Mart will ship the oil but that kills the pricing.
Their 0W-20 is an interesting oil with it's 220 VI and HTHSV of 2.7cP and is one of the few aftermarket 0W-20s that actually offers similar viscosity characteristics of an OEM 0W-20.

The 0W-20 is interesting.
I just sent Cross an email asking about pricing shipped to Ohio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back