2002 Avalon-Original coolant. Change out to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ChiTDI
Yeah, mickey mouse clamp if I remember right.
I'd have the dealer change the PCV valve too, if it was me. They only cost a finn, but those 1MZ-FE engines can get sludge if they are ignored.

62k - Probably run another 10 years easy.

thanks I'll have that done too. this is the xls with the lexus motor. compared to my truck this thing is a sports car. it sets you back in your seat.

If it still has the original timing belt and water pump, I would use this opportunity to have a complete timing belt job done due to age.

And when the water pump is done, the coolant will also be done.

The 2002 1mzfe does not sludge. They redesigned it. I'd change out the PCV with OEM nevertheless (it costs 5 bucks).

G05 is fine, but Toyota Red has always worked very well for our toyotas. It isn't that much more.

If the coolant is not too dirty or the coolant is cooling the engine just fine I wouldn't worry about changing it. Now if your coolant is dirty, and causing problems, or if it is not cooling the engine right, then I would change it.

Originally Posted by WillsYoda
The 2002 1mzfe does not sludge. They redesigned it. I'd change out the PCV with OEM nevertheless (it costs 5 bucks).

G05 is fine, but Toyota Red has always worked very well for our toyotas. It isn't that much more.

Even then I think the sludge problems with Toyotas were actually maintenance problems. The so called "sludge monsters" never seen to sludge if you use synthetic oil in them and change it at a reasonable interval.

Originally Posted by The Critic
If it still has the original timing belt and water pump, I would use this opportunity to have a complete timing belt job done due to age.

And when the water pump is done, the coolant will also be done.

^THIS...and if your too frugal...then why worry about the coolant either....timing belt needs done eventually.

Change it to this:
[Linked Image from d2ul0w83gls0j4.cloudfront.net]

I use it in a bunch of vehicles.

If the OP used Toyota SLL, hes probably due to change out the coolant that he put in 2013 when he started this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back