New Sandals smell like Harbor Freight

Status
Not open for further replies.
For your next pair of Sandals I would recommend Okabashi. They're affordable and USA made. I have two pairs and I've been really happy with them for the price. The last pair I bought was $17 on Amazon.

They have a smell when new, but it's not a normal offensive plastic smell, I don't think. It also isn't real strong and fades quickly.

http://www.okabashi.com/

And, all the posts knocking sandals are dumb. If you don't like them, don't wear them. I wear sandals a lot in the summer since they're much more comfortable in the heat. I've never had a foot problem caused by sandals and they don't really ever smell very bad. My shoes definitely sometimes smell worse than my sandals.

I go barefoot as often as possible. My feet are the picture of nastyness. Rough, hard, calloused. When we lived in Alabama, we had a long gravel driveway. Almost every day, I would walk down the driveway to get the mail and walk back again. My children talk about that even to this day, how "Daddy have feet of iron." Now that I live in town, I test my leather feet on the hot asphalt. Imagine walking down a blacktop road on a hot summer day with no shoes. I figure the heat kills anything that might be growing on them.

The sandals have been outside for the last month. The smell has faded to about 20% of original strength, but re emerges when I squeeze the rubber. I put them on and walked the ocean waterline for a half mile, but it seemed to have no effect on the smell, and they are back out in full sun. More of a UV degradation experiment at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back