Does Toyota T IV = Mobil 3309

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never seen any document, VOA, etc. proving T-IV is re-branded Mobil 3309. Suspect something like what XOM did with Toyota 0w20. IMO its similar/compatible and would use it. I pay $6 per qt at the dealer for T-IV. Can't find 3309 anywhere around here. If you did where and how much?

Yes, Toyota T-IV is the same as Mobil 3309. Do a search on here, it's been discussed many, many times in the past.

Originally Posted By: toyota62
Mobil 3309 has T-IV approval.

Thats the only shred of evidence I've seen. Enough to use it. Better than "meets" but does not mean "same".

Originally Posted By: artbuc
Just read on a Lexus forum that Toyota Type IV is rebranded Mobil 3309. Can anyone co firm this? Thanks.
Yes! A google search would've easily gave you your answer. Plus it was on the Lexus forum, why would you think that it wasn't true? More people there deal with that tranny fluid vs. bitog.

Mazda thinks so:

E5BDEBF85424BEC0D540D1793308F566__88958_zoom.jpg

Yes, 3309 is the same as T-IV, it's also called AW1. T-IV is made by ExxonMobil, says so on the side of the bottle.

Originally Posted By: NightRiderQ45
Just read on a Lexus forum that Toyota Type IV is rebranded Mobil 3309. Can anyone co firm this? Thanks.
Yes! A google search would've easily gave you your answer. Plus it was on the Lexus forum, why would you think that it wasn't true? More people there deal with that tranny fluid vs. bitog.

Yes, I did the Google search first as I always do and found conflicting opinions. I consider BITOG to be the final authority on questions like this.

Originally Posted By: tinmanSC
Yes, 3309 is the same as T-IV, it's also called AW1. T-IV is made by ExxonMobil, says so on the side of the bottle.

Just bought 4 qts of T-IV from my local Toy dealer. It says Made in America from imported and domestic stock. No mention of ExxonMobil.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I have posted pictures of the Mazda stuff before and people here didn't believe me,
people who don't believe you are morons. It is the same brew.

Just bought 4 qts of T-IV from my local Toy dealer. It says Made in America from imported and domestic stock. No mention of ExxonMobil.
It's the same exact bottle as the Mobil. Anyway, this is a old known topic...we all know who makes it.

Quote:
Toyota and Volvo both use Aisin tranny's so it shoudl be almost a given that they should be able to use the same fluids
Only certain models of Aisin transmissions require the 3309 fluid. Yes, several different car makers use these transmissions.

Originally Posted By: NightRiderQ45

It's the same exact bottle as the Mobil. Anyway, this is a old known topic...we all know who makes it.

Thanks. I knew I would get the definitive answer here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back