Militec-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you haven't tried it, so what do you know? Excactly, you know nothing. Have a nice day, and remember this old saying: "Just because you don't know about it, doesn't mean it doesn't excist".

MILITEC-1 is a chemically-reacted synthetic-based hydrocarbon derivative. At the start of the manufacturing process, MILITEC-1 is composed of a blend of several extreme pressure lubricants, natural anti-corrosion ingredients, extremely stable chlorate esters, anti-wear components, and anti-oxidant compounds. This blend is then introduced into a chemical reactor.

Pulled directly off their site
cheers.gif

Xado is $20/dose and you need 3 doses. If you do a search on ebay you will find it. Sounds too good to be true--the principle is the same as it was for Slick 50/Engine Restore. I looked for hours yesterday looking for reviews from other countries on it, but no such luck.

chlorinated Paraffins cause heavy rust in areas of condensation like under valve covers also eats all the base out of the oil.
XADO do not know of it I would like some data other than normal marketing ** and some ones say so show me any ASTM test data or any per reviewd papers or anything that shows current lube oil test data web site has NONE.

I do not belive in any lay persons opinion that this is great stuff.
nono.gif

bruce

"Volvo have tested and approved the use of Xado"
Yes, they have approved Xado OILS, but not the treatment...(The same as other companys have done and not done)
Have searched the net for hours to find any good references on forums etc. but found only testimonials that the company itself have put out.
Ok, it may work, and I may test it myself. Done that with Auto-RX, my official and DOCUMENTED OA is my proof. (http://www.arxco.no/diverse/P263671.HTM) Got an old B&S laying around for the purpose, just need a micrometer..
smile.gif

N2OIL states: "MILITEC-1 is a chemically-reacted synthetic-based hydrocarbon derivative. At the start of the manufacturing process, MILITEC-1 is composed of a blend of several extreme pressure lubricants, natural anti-corrosion ingredients, extremely stable chlorate esters, anti-wear components, and anti-oxidant compounds. This blend is then introduced into a chemical reactor."
--------------------------------------------------

This is true, however, you left off the ending which reads: "When MILITEC-1 emerges from our proprietary chemical reaction process, it is no longer a blend. It has been organically bound into a unique, pure, uniform single substance. In its finished form, MILITEC-1 is completely stable, so it does not require agitation before use."

I've used Militec for at least the past 10 years and I've never seen evidence that it has ever corroded, or damaged, anything that I've used it in.

I currently have Militec in the following components of both my vehicles (94 Nissan truck, 05 Mazda3):
1) Manual tranny
2) Power steering
3) Air conditioning
4) Rear differential (Nissan only!)
5) Mixed in with the front wheel bearing grease (Nissan only!)
6) I also add 8 ounces to the crankcases every 30-40K miles

The Militec in my Nissans tranny has been there (along with M1 75W90) for the last 4+ years and it still shifts as good as it did when I bought the truck used 7 years and 70K miles ago.

So far, Militec is the ONLY treatment that I recommend, and I've used just about everything out there at one time or another.

I can also say that after several years of use, I have never experienced any negative with Militec1, and I have also used it in the above mentioned components in both diesel, turbo-diesel and petrol engines(Peugot,Mercedes, Mitsubishi, BMW and Volvo). Also, Militec is cheap, but you have to buy at least one gallon. You can use it for guns also. In fact, Militec1 is probably more known by people who use guns. But, I must say that I have had positive experience with Auto-Rx, solving leaking gaskets. But the only thing, as mentioned before, that have given fuel-reduction, noise-reduction and remarkable increase in horsepower, is the Xado threatment. I also went into their webcite and saw the testing that ADAC(German governments testing)had performed. That one is well documented, with compression testing, dyno-testing and so on. I am sorry I don't have availible/can afford this testing. If I had something to earn on it, I probably would have done it. On this forum I thought people was to share their experiences with different oils/additives and so on, so that people should not waste time and money on snake oils. At least Auto-Rx seems to have been accepted as a good additive, which it is for its purpose.

I've ask some folks that had purchase the Xado, those 3 pack $60 kits from Ebay. One had a 97 Ford 150 with 135,000K and at 150,000K he saw no MPG gain or horsepower gain. In fact there was four response and each one came back with no change in engine performance.

quote:

I have been using Militec 1 in my Honda for the past 50K miles (since new) and have no issues yet. I just posted a UOA a couple of weeks ago and the results were very good.

But that analysis does not prove that the Militec was worth its cost. You need the same oil and the same aftermarket additive for many thousands of miles and many analyses to determine a trend.

I would not use Militec in an engine. I need solid evidence. I think Militec is good gun oil, but that isn't an engine oil supplement.

Ken

One thing I like about the Militec company for is that they have sent over $500,000 worth of product to our guys in the gulf war for free. My feelings are that if you have motors and machinery you care about you use synthetic oil and an additive like Militec.

That said, for the average Joe who doesn't drive it hard, and who changes oil at 3000 miles you could probably use Wesson oil and get at least 100k out of your car.

i've used militec on my my bushmaster m4 carbine and sig sauers for some time now with good results, excellent lubricant for firearms. but till reading this post i've never heard of it being used in a car. i have a bmw 97 e39 540i 6spd, rp 10w30 in the engine and synchromax in the trans, good stuff imo. though i'd need some good evidence of benefits of using militec in an automobile before i'd try it.

All the Militec that is purchased for DOD in other than the small containers (less than a pint) is clearly marked as "Not to be used in engines".

quote:

All the Militec that is purchased for DOD in other than the small containers (less than a pint) is clearly marked as "Not to be used in engines".

Wow, I did not know that. I'll have to email them and see what they say.

You don't have to e-mail them. Just go to www.militec.com , go to their Auto/transmission page. You'll find a lot of interesting articles and also the motorcycle section is worth a read.

TomH or anyone using the Militec 1. I see the same thing in all posts about it has caused no harm. The point to be taken is where or what benefits are offered? TomH uses M1 and it shifts like a good synthetic product should. I can't see paying the costs for this product. Also a side note Brad the owner of this product sent enough product to add to oil, trans, power steering and treat per product dosage recommendations. After a year of use in the P/S, & trans and the initial use in the oil there were no noticable differences. This is my point. Spend your money on good base fluids!
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by bruce381:
chlorinated Paraffins cause heavy rust in areas of condensation like under valve covers also eats all the base out of the oil.
XADO do not know of it I would like some data other than normal marketing ** and some ones say so show me any ASTM test data or any per reviewd papers or anything that shows current lube oil test data web site has NONE.

I do not belive in any lay persons opinion that this is great stuff.
bruce

Yeah, but Militec does not contain chlorinated paraffins, but rather chlorinated hydrocarbons which are very different molecularly. And the owner of the company has explained to me over the phone that the corrosive properties of the chlorinated hydrocarbons have been basically nuetralized through a chemical process...for what that's worth.

"""Yeah, but Militec does not contain chlorinated paraffins, but rather chlorinated hydrocarbons which are very different molecularly. And the owner of the company has explained to me over the phone that the corrosive properties of the chlorinated hydrocarbons have been basically nuetralized through a chemical process...for what that's worth.""

Chlorinated ANY thing is a bad deal with decomposion to HCL acid at >250F or so and adding a overbased CA sulfonate WILL tend to nuetralize acid buld up but the salts are still corrosive that is why NO chlorinated additized oil has passed the Bearing corrosion tests for API motor oils. Old stuff can you say Power UP or
Duralube??
use it if you want.

bruce

There are at least 3 good UOA's on this board with Militec-1. For what it is designed to be (an oil additive), it appears to be OK.

My problem with Militec is the company. They sell their full power chlorinated additive as a stand alone product to the gun world. It's the same stuff that you put in your engine. Doubt this? Their website only has 1 MSDS for their entire product line (which has little useful information except: "When burning, may form carbon monoxide (Typical of organic lubricants) and hydrogen chloride").

The problem with it as a stand alone is that the chlorine content is way to high and is unbalanced. It is designed to be heavily diluted in another base oil, but the gun product is not. Results of this can be seen in this Thread(near bottom of page). It causes corrosion in wet environments. The corrosion controls only work when properly formulated.

They also recommend to heat metal parts to ~150F in order to "activate" the "chemical bonding". All this really does is burn off the light Soy carrier oil, further concentrating the chlorine content, and reducing any anti-corrosive agents that may have been in it. Many feel that the disappearing oil is being absorbed by the metal (like a sponge
rolleyes.gif
)...um no.

I cannot support a company that provides such a product to an unwitting consumer, and is the #1 one product on my snake oil list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back