Vibe(Corolla) Manual Trans Fluid Change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a 2006 Vibe with 130k miles, been running great. There isn't anything in the manual about the manual transmission fluid, the Son checked anyway.

I wanted to check the level, but really change it once the weather warms up. Is there a drain plug with a side plug hole to fill? I just started some net research & thought I'd ask here. Just looking for tips on the procedure & recommended replacement fluid type. The fluid has to be tired after 7 years & many miles.

Here is my how to do thread on same transmission.

The pics have left so let me see if I can find them and update the thread.

Its a EASY job. Just use the correct fluid (something I did not do the first time)

I've got over 200k on my current fill just lazy getting new fluid in there. I'll do it soon and that will be the last time I have to do it.

As far as fluid I've recommend HIGHLY Amsoil SEVERE GEAR 75W-90 Synthetic EP Lubricant. Pablo can hook you up. Its that good! (and I'm not a fanboy of much over the last decade. This stuff WORKS!)

Take care, Bill

Get a service manual for the car or go ask your dealer service tech. If it takes manual trans oil I would use redline or amsoil.I would use the amsoil MTF or Redline MTL and not 75w90. Because I would be afraid the 75w90 might be corrosive.

Last edited:
Bill, that link above is EXCELLENT, just what I was looking for. I will get some Amsoil severe gear fluid. I'll look up the quantity, unless someone knows? I'll look into 'Redline' too, don't know much about it though. May as well put good stuff in, since I may never do it again.

I'll get the fluid & wait a bit for better weather. Thanks.

2 quarts. Right on the dot.

I really have to say the only reason why I'm going to change it is because I have 2 quarts I bought at the same time I bought the last change and I should use it.

The transmission shifts PERFECTLY and the SAME as it did the day I put the fluid in. Really! In well over 100 degrees to well below zero degrees.
01.gif

Bill

Thanks guys, it went smooth as glass. The plugs were on the large side, my 15/16 box end fit perfectly. I know it's metric. I put in the Amsoil. At 132,000 miles this could be a one time deal. The old fluid(original) looked a little stained, but not extremely terrible.

Glad to see you using a premo fluid, those 5 speeds are known to be a bit weak, or do you have the GT with the 6 speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back