Ford Fusion 6 speed auto drain and fill (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also- I have tried both Lubegard Red and Lucas transmission additive in the AW transmissions. The Lubegard Red is my personal preference as it seems to noticeably maintain the smooth operation.

Originally Posted By: DSteven
just improvements over OEM. it's easy and cheap. no longer has a slight hesitation to engage on very cold mornings.
Yep. You nailed it. I need to get a drain and fill on my new Montego ASAP but it is a blizzard outside right now and the temps have been frigid with 30+ MPH winds too. Man, I need a heated shop with a hoist...I can dream right?

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
Originally Posted By: DSteven
just improvements over OEM. it's easy and cheap. no longer has a slight hesitation to engage on very cold mornings.
I need to get a drain and fill on my new Montego ASAP but it is a blizzard outside right now and the temps have been frigid with 30+ MPH winds too. Man, I need a heated shop with a hoist...I can dream right?
38* and sunny today. Good enough for me. Got it done today. Old stuff was the dark dark red/brown. Drain plug needed a breaker bar so assuming it was never touched before today. Results were the same as with the Fusion. Smooth as butter and much improved 1-2 and 2-3 gear shifts. Amazing.

Originally Posted By: JeSuisMao
Do you know if I can combine Max Life ATF with lubegard red, in order to help me improve the shifting quality?
ain't gonna hurt a thing. 1 bottle max though.

Villager owner here!
Its not quite a Nissan, not quite a Ford.
I got all the distributer and drivability problems of a Nissan.
But with all the stunning build quality and parts availability of a Ford.
Least its not rusty, odd for any car doomed to NYC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back