Schaeffer's 5w-40 @ 4k; Ford 6.7L PSD @ 36.5k

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tuned & deleted my truck a few months ago @ 32,500 miles. EGR Delete, DPF Delete. H&S MinniMax & 5"Flo-Pro Exhaust. I put a note for Blackstone that it was DELETED but I guess they didnt get the memo. What you guys think about the SODIUM? I am not losing coolant. All Levels are Normal. Not making any oil! KNOCK ON WOOD!

f350uoanew_zps3d67055d.png

uoa2_zps6631c860.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like Fe is just coming down now. Have you been using Schaeffer's since the first oil change at 2700 miles?

I am surprised at the low lead levels. Many UOA's I've seen have high lead with schaeffer's 9000 5w40 on many different engines including the 7.3 powerstroke (which I have). Looks like the 6.7 does well on it.

Originally Posted By: Blaze
Interesting how low the silicon was on a new engine. How are these blocks cast?

Compacted Graphite Iron(CGI)

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
It looks like Fe is just coming down now. Have you been using Schaeffer's since the first oil change at 2700 miles?

Yes.

That must be one really strong truck now! The 6.7s are good stock. I have seen elevated sodium in my and others Schaeffer's UOAs, so I think it is nothing to worry about.

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
I am presuming this is a FORD 6.7L and not a Cummins?
I'll fix the thread title.

Sorry about that. Thanks for the edit

Quote:
That must be one really strong truck now! The 6.7s are good stock. I have seen elevated sodium in my and others Schaeffer's UOAs, so I think it is nothing to worry about.

Contact 'salesrep' here on BITOG and find out if the sodium is part of the additive package. He is a sales representative for Schaeffers.

Last edited:
I started using DieselKleen at roughly when sodium started to appear. I may be wrong but it's a wild guess.

Anyone else find that DieselKleen produces Sodium in a OCI?

I don't see it in my Dmax UOAs to speak of. Typically 3-7ppm in my UOAs using Rotella dino. PowerService since the truck was new.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back