Where to buy Delo 400 Multigrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Chevron is supposedly still making the CI-4+ Delo 400 Multigrade 15W-40. The question is, where to buy it? Seems every place is only carrying the Delo 400LE. Does anyone, specifically in the Phoenix, AZ area, know where to buy it? Any good online sources?

Usually it cn be had at truckstops , but your best bet would be from a Chevron distributor.

The Delo site has a distributor locator. Outside of walmart or truck stops I find it hard to find Delo anywhere. Ours all comes in bulk from a distributor though.

Try calling your local bulk distributor. I can get any chevron product available by the case or in bulk delivered to the shop from my local distributor.

They will be able to tell you where you can purchase local to you also as they usually supply the products.

Not sure if these guys are local to you?

http://www.brownevans.com/lubricants/index.php

Originally Posted By: skellyman
Usually it cn be had at truckstops , but your best bet would be from a Chevron distributor.

Good luck on that one. Since I get my semi into one heck of a lot of truckstops, I have not seen CI-4+ for a long, long time in any of them. Either in the store or in the service bays. Everything I have seen for quite a while is CJ-4.

Originally Posted By: yucca
Try calling your local bulk distributor. I can get any chevron product available by the case or in bulk delivered to the shop from my local distributor.

They will be able to tell you where you can purchase local to you also as they usually supply the products.

Not sure if these guys are local to you?

http://www.brownevans.com/lubricants/index.php

Yup, there is a Brown Evans about 10 miles away. I will check them out. Thanks!

And TiredTrucker is right - no CI-4 or CI-4+ at the truck shops. Only CJ-4. If BE can't hook me up I will be stuck with CJ-4 or ordering a few pails of Brad Penn CI-4. I can get Lucas Magnum CI-4 locally, but I don't get a warm fuzzy feeling about their lubricants...

EDIT: Looks like Mobil still makes a CI-4+ oil as well, called Mobil Delvac MX. I'd be fine with that was well. Shell appears to no longer make CI-4 oils, only CJ-4.

Last edited:
As long as you're willing to buy 5 gallon pails or larger, the Chevron API CI-4+ product is still readily available from Chevron distributors...no more 1 gallon jugs for the US market, though...

Last edited:
I don't mind buying 5 gallon pails. I still haven't checked with my local distributor, but I am guessing they will have to order it.

Well, I called Brown Evans. Surprisingly, they actually stock pails of CI-4+. Price is the same as CJ-4. Since I already have 3 gallons of Delo 400LE I will run it for 500-1000 miles to flush contamination out of the engine (I just re-sealed everything, including a head gasket replacement, so there will naturally be a lot of contamination in the first sump load), then run the CI-4+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back