Plus50II Vs Rotella T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither. +50II 10w30 would be the best choice of the ones you selected even though your engines dont need an HDEO or anything heavier than a 5w30. Deere lubes are made by Chevron or XOM depending on location but they are blended to propriety specs by Deere. Excellent oil.

During the summer either or is fine. I'm aware that these engines call for a 30 grade but my 5.3 is much less noisy when a 40 grade is in the sump. Piston slap sound is significantly reduced.
When I was still driving my chev full time I ran conventional rotella in the summer and a syn 0w-30 in the winter.
Never really had any problems,truck still runs great although its been relegated to spare winter truck duty the past couple years.
Op. use whatever you can get the cheapest.

Originally Posted By: volk06
Neither. +50II 10w30 would be the best choice of the ones you selected even though your engines dont need an HDEO or anything heavier than a 5w30.

I agree 100%.

In diesel engine applications the Plus 50 II shines as an extended drain interval oil, hence the "Plus 50 II" name, plus 50% over recommended interval.

Originally Posted By: roadrunner1
Originally Posted By: volk06
Neither. +50II 10w30 would be the best choice of the ones you selected even though your engines dont need an HDEO or anything heavier than a 5w30.

I agree 100%.

In diesel engine applications the Plus 50 II shines as an extended drain interval oil, hence the "Plus 50 II" name, plus 50% over recommended interval.

ditto 2x.

They are both good oils. They are both thicker than you really need. You can most certianly use thicker oils, but wear is not going to be greatly shifted either way.

My point .... We cannot tell you which is "better" because we don't drive your vehicles; you do! You're after a subjective issue (noise); only you can determine which pleases you more. The engine itself likely isn't going to care much one way or another.

If it's thicker oil you seek, then perhaps some 15w-40 ST dino oil?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back