I am finding they were right

Status
Not open for further replies.
One time a friend of mine bought a VW and we kept adding gas, this was back in the days when gas caps did not lock, he kept telling us on how great mpg he was getting.Maybe someone is doing that with mine
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: suspiciousmind
I've had my fuel mileage spike 5 mpg from my average, in both directions, for no obvious reason at all.

You need a lot more data points.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Originally Posted By: volk06
Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
BITOG members like Bill Of Utah and others are right re. dino. I switched over to PYB after 45,000 miles of synthetic. I have almost no difference in the oils either dino and synthetic. However my car Civic 09 starts alot easier and I get I am not kidding now 3 miles more on gas. So for me the advice was correct each time info was posted. Remember it is just me but I wanted to say it. Good I listened. Thanks to those members who walk to a different drummer.
thumbsup2.gif

3 miles per gallon more from switching from synthetic to dino? I find that VERY hard (not saying your wrong) to believe. That sounds more like E0/E10 and a winter to summer fuel mileage scenario.
Do they teach ANYTHING about the "scientific method" in school any longer?

Was there a hypothesis here? I just saw an untested claim with no scientific data.

What was the point of your post? I don't see what this has anything to do with the scientific method. Having an engineering degree, I've spent numerous hours/days in a lab using the scientific method.

Last edited:
Just pointing out some have been accurate re dino and I find better gas mileage, because of it being St Patrick's day, my dog walking business, and the finals in the Big East I forgot the vast data, my bad!!I just got a degree from bartending school. cool
cool.gif
quote=volk06]
BITOG members like Bill Of Utah and others are right re. dino. I switched over to PYB after 45,000 miles of synthetic. I have almost no difference in the oils either dino and synthetic. However my car Civic 09 starts alot easier and I get I am not kidding now 3 miles more on gas. So for me the advice was correct each time info was posted. Remember it is just me but I wanted to say it. Good I listened. Thanks to those members who walk to a different drummer.
thumbsup2.gif

3 miles per gallon more from switching from synthetic to dino? I find that VERY hard (not saying your wrong) to believe. That sounds more like E0/E10 and a winter to summer fuel mileage scenario.

Was there a hypothesis here? I just saw an untested claim with no scientific data.

What was the point of your post? I don't see what this has anything to do with the scientific method. Having an engineering degree, I've spent numerous hours/days in a lab using the scientific method. [/quote]

Originally Posted By: suspiciousmind
I've had my fuel mileage spike 5 mpg from my average, in both directions, for no obvious reason at all.

You need a lot more data points.

Similarly, tank to tank, at pretty much the same pump every tank, and the variances can be amazing...sometimes 2-3 tanks are all on the same side of the average, which is coinfusing

5f5b647e.jpg

Ok boys and girls : switched from Ultra 5-20 to PYB 5-20 3 weeks ago did 198 miles

Not enough miles for your results to be statistically valid. Report back after 20K miles.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, higher MPG is reported with fresh oil, so even if you replaced used Ultra 5w-20 with fresh Ultra 5w-20, you could possibly notice the same difference.

thumbsup2.gif

What was the point of your post? I don't see what this has anything to do with the scientific method. Having an engineering degree, I've spent numerous hours/days in a lab using the scientific method.
And I don't see much evidence of it in this "conclusion set".

My response was meant for herrstigs comment. Sorry for the confusion.
DO you honestly think I SAW any hint of a scientific method in those "findings". Why don't you pay a little closer attention to context.

At my age 20k might not be possible. Ultra was replaced fresh each change for 2 years sos each time. Either way let me think I am getting more mileage it lets me sleep at night.
grin.gif
quote=Quattro Pete]
Ok boys and girls : switched from Ultra 5-20 to PYB 5-20 3 weeks ago did 198 miles

Not enough miles for your results to be statistically valid. Report back after 20K miles.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, higher MPG is reported with fresh oil, so even if you replaced used Ultra 5w-20 with fresh Ultra 5w-20, you could possibly notice the same difference.

[/quote]

Maybe de caf next time??
laugh.gif

My response was meant for herrstigs comment. Sorry for the confusion.
DO you honestly think I SAW any hint of a scientific method in those "findings". Why don't you pay a little closer attention to context.

thumbsup2.gif

So, what's the question again?

No more while you were out we discovered the real meaning of life. And
that was the question.
Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
thumbsup2.gif

So, what's the question again?

Maybe I should have put this thread in the humor section.May you dance as if nobody was looking, may you sing as if nobody was listening and you live today as if it was your last. Old Irish wisdom.......nite nite

Originally Posted By: Donald
thumbsup2.gif

+1

+2 to that.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
He never said he got three more miles per gallon. He said he got three more miles. So on an average range of, say, 300 miles, he got an additional 1%. Very much in the range of statistical noise.
smile.gif

LMAO!!! Good point!
And I wonder what the reduction in engine life might be at the far end.

Utterly absurd to think the engine will die sooner using a conventional. Where is your data proving that tidbit of info.
Sky ship is back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back